Hit a Plateau?? Help w/ next step!

Options
Hi everyone, I have never posted in here before but I am hoping some of you can help me with good insight. I am a 26 year old female who has been dieting and exercising since April of last year. I lost just over 20 pounds so far and am currently around 150. I feel like for the last month I have hit a plateau with my numbers, and no matter how many miles I run or how long I spend in the gym, I am not seeing them drop.

Do any of you know any tips to help me continue on the right track?? I would really like to lose another 10 in the next few months but feel like I need to switch it up. I have really strong legs so I really don't think I need to focus on that..but what would be some good ideas to do in the gym or at home??

Anything you can let me know would be great..Thanks!!

Replies

• cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Change up your workouts, if you are doing the same thing every time. I like to do something completely different every time I go to the gym.

Some people will try fluctuating their calories. Go low one day and high the next.
  • LKaye3626
    LKaye3626 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I know for myself I have hit many weigh loss plateaus even when I have stuck to my calorie restricted diet and exercised vigorously.

The only way I found to lose a pound for life is when I do a water fast for greater than 24 hours. If you want to join my team from Monday 1/14 through 1/16 on a water fast then sign up for my group today at.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11189-star-moves-plateau-breakers Star Moves ( plateau breakers)

The only problem I had with fasting us the support so I will be reaching out to everyone to motivate and inspire them through this 72 hour fun challenge. See the group for more details
  • x3kimi
    x3kimi Posts: 12
    Options
    Change up your routine. Your muscles and body needs to be challenged for continued weight loss. Also; it may seem like you're not losing weight but maybe you are losing fat but also gaining muscles. So make sure you keep that in mind! :) and take measurements of your body metrics such as your inches around your hips, waist, calves,
    Neck,
    Arms,
    Etc. and body fat % and BMR and BMI. That way you have other points to refer to than just how many lbs you weigh.
  • x3kimi
    x3kimi Posts: 12
    Options
    Another suggestion is probably a change in diet. Eat foods that will directly contribute to your workout and weightloss goals.