What are your favorite low calorie SAUCES?

Options
Sriracha (can I chant this over and over?)
Salsa (love it on eggs)
Tabasco Chipotle

Looking for some new ideas!

Replies

• kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    louisiana hot sauce or crystal hot sauce, i use em on almost everything.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY agree with the siracha and salsa. We limit salt, so have to amp up the flavor. Here are some other ideas, some straight out of the bottle and some that take a few steps in the kitchen:

- Balsamic vinegar (on just about anything. Toss before you cook/roast veggies or sprinkle after for a kick)
    - Light italian dressing. Makes a shockingly decent marinade if short on time for grilled chicken
    - Blueberry or raspberry reduction. Throw a bag of frozen berries into a pot, add a splash of balsamic vinegar, simmer for an hour. Stir frequently. It will reduce to this thick, sweet, lovely sauce that's a great and healthy substitute for BBQ sauce. If you like it sweeter, you can add Splenda (not my choice), honey, agave, or sugar. We like it without the added sugar
    - Fresh garlic, raw onion, and your favorite herbs. I like basil and parsley. Or cilantro.... toss in the Magic bullet.

Now I'm hungry.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Salsa

Other than that I really don't do sauces.....
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I love bajan hot sauce, or my mums hot sauce (gets peppers from a friends garden and fixes it up herself)

salad dressing I know HATE and just add a little freshly squeezed lemon juice and a hint of olive oil
  • amili045
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot
    Salsa
    Greek Yogurt mixed with spices, hot sauce, and garlic makes an amazing dip (really low in caloric intake)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Tapitio!

Frank's Buffalo Sauce.

When I make roasted veggies, I mix up tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, and light mayo. It's soooo delcious and you don't need very much of it, just a spoonful on the side of the plate along with a healthy squirt of sriratcha.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Franks hot sauce and A1 =)
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Cheez Whiz light. No kidding. I love it on veggies.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki is by far the most amazing low-cal sauce I can think of! Especially when you make it with nonfat greek yogurt and put it on veggies---MM!!! It makes just snacking on veggies wayy more filling and protein packed!
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    I mix equal parts of mustard and white balsamic vinegar... you can add evoo, but I choose not to. A friend from my FL introduced me to this a while back.. its really great and extremely low in cal.

Franks hot sauce... hmmm MHM

Bechamel white sauce- brown lightly, flour in a sauce pan (yes no butter), add low fat milk (whisk FAST), add some parm cheese (or a type of cheese), salt, black pepper, and finely chopped spinach. pour it over a body and eat it. lol
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    HOT SAUCE !!!!!
    download_zps63b4afac.jpg
  • mireyap21
    Options
    Homemade salsa and spicy pace salsa :)
  • corrinadavis
    Options
    I agree with the salsa. I would say so far that is the most used sauce that I have been using since I have been trying to change the way I eat.
  • corrinadavis
    Options
    That is a lot of sauces, wow!
  • mrsrobinsonlj
    mrsrobinsonlj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My Dad makes me salsa fresh from his garden almost weekly. Nice and chunky with onions and some hot peppers...LOVE it! I just wish there were a low-cal, low salt chip that you could eat with it without feeling like you went off track.