First Weigh-in AND First Post!

Options
I felt the need to pat myself on the back!

So...half-way through breakfast I realized I forgot to do my weigh-in.:embarassed:

Well I decided I'd do it anyway and then recheck it tomorrow morning as soon as I got up just to see. I AM ECSTATIC! I HAVE OFFICIALLY RELEASED 4 LBS.! (I don't say lost because I have a habit of finding things...:laugh: )

I know 4lbs is not a huge number, but it is the most important number as far as I'm concerned! It means I am doing things right!!! YAY!!!!!

:heart:

Replies

• ArmyWifePagano
    ArmyWifePagano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's the 1st step to a healthier you! Great job and keep it up!
  • FizzyAndTango
    Options
    4lbs is awesome! Congratulations!!!
  • prettygorgtors
    Options
    Nice! Congratulations! :)
  • Sweetpickles99
    Options
    Happy Dance!!:happy:
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I know 4lbs is not a huge number.

It is a HUGE number. Release away..let it float away. Congratulations enjoy the pat on the back. (Adding mine).
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    4 lbs is a GREAT number!! Congratulations!!
  • LisaAvasNana
    LisaAvasNana Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is a great achievement. :flowerforyou: I've been here for 9 days and LOVE MFP. Anyone feel free to add me.

We're on this journey together.
    Lisa
  • BLooM817
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!! :-)
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    I felt the need to pat myself on the back!

So...half-way through breakfast I realized I forgot to do my weigh-in.:embarassed:

Well I decided I'd do it anyway and then recheck it tomorrow morning as soon as I got up just to see. I AM ECSTATIC! I HAVE OFFICIALLY RELEASED 4 LBS.! (I don't say lost because I have a habit of finding things...:laugh: )

I know 4lbs is not a huge number, but it is the most important number as far as I'm concerned! It means I am doing things right!!! YAY!!!!!

:heart:

First: CONGRATS!!!! 4lbs is AWESOME!

Second, I'm totally stealing your "released #lbs" because I also have a habit of finding things:)

Keep up the Great Work!
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    Haha you are funny.
    Congratulations to your success, amazing work. =)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on the 4 pounds gone, and Second - congrats on not being obsessed on the scale! I still weigh everything first thing in the morning. I will work on letting go of that later!
  • Jermski
    Jermski Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats and great work!!!
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    4 pounds IS huge! I'd be ecstatic if I lost another 4 pounds during the next week or two.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Four pounds is a LOT! Sounds like you're doing things right. Keep up the great work!
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    4lb is tons, I have my first weigh in tonight and I'll be really happy with 1lb.

How long did it take you to lose the 4lb?
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • davidoneill1914
    davidoneill1914 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    well done you 4lbs is fab
  • Jennifer217B
    Options
    Better 4lbs gone than 4lbs gained. Terrific!
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good job! Bravo. Just don't expect to lose four pounds a week. One pound a week is good enough. Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • MicheleZebrowski
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

Portion control is key I have found...it's amazing when you see the ACTUAL portion (ie ~ 3/4 cup of cereal) compared to what you are used to eating...

I've been power walking as much as possible and drinking LOTS of water...I keep it flavored with cucumber & lemon; cinnamon sticks & apples or cucumber & fresh mint.

I know the weight starts quick and then plateaus and I'm not expecting the 4lbs. each week ~ I'm realistic and life does happen!!!

=)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!