What is your favorite low cal meal?

Options

Replies

• melissalandrum
    melissalandrum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My homemade vegetable beef soup. The whole family loves it and it cooks in the crockpot so, it's super easy for me.
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    two eggs, one egg white, scrambled with fat free milk. low fat shreddeed cheese and pico de gallo. I might also add regualr tomato and avocado. filling and not super high cal.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    99% fat free chicken tenders and green beans sautéed in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and garlic. Just made it last night....super yummy! Also like scrabbled eggs and egg whites with fat free ricotta cheese, tomatoes, zucchini, and onions - sometimes I throw in a bit of ground turkey for extra protein. Soooooo good!
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    - 2 cups Spinach leaves
    - 1/4 cup feta cheese
    - 1/3 cup craisins
    - 2 tbsp raspberry vinaigrette
    - (optional) 3-4 ounces baked Salmon or Chicken

Toss together and YUM! I could eat this every day. :)

I do this plus i add some walnut pieces and shredded carrots if i have some on hand- delicious!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Chicken
    Fish
    Beef
    Nuts and seeds
    Veg

Job done.
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Stir fry of chicken, onion, broccoli, carrots, red capsicum, green beans, peas, and anything else you want. I have this over miracle (shiritaki) noodles.
  • Shiritaki noodles (40) with light smart prego sauce (45) with reduced fat parmasean cheese (20) :)
    105 calorie psketti sooo good and filling that's a big serving to huge bowl
  • tammyp1
    tammyp1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I make a delicious Chicken Cacciatore that is very low in calories, fat and carbs and very satisfying. I have it posted in Recipes under Chicken cacciatore by Tammy. Enjoy!
  • princesspeanutsmom
    princesspeanutsmom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Kale stir fried in a tiny bit of olive oil, with fresh mushrooms, onions and shrimp. Yummy and low cal. Or my favorite lunchtime salad of babyspinach and sliced fresh mushrooms with a side of sliced red pepper...delish.
  • danibarro
    Options
    Check out pinterest. Tons of ideas there. My fav are spinach salads as mentioned. Sweet potato's roasted with stevia, lemon juice, cinn., and nutmeg. Tastes like pumpkin pie. Do the same with cut up apple and make cinn. apples.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    veggies...steamed broccoli; avacado and cottage cheese; fruit salad
  • MelSimba
    Options
    Anything with spaghetti squash is my new favorite! I used to be addicted to pasta but now I'd much rather have this.

It's extremely flexible because you can sub it in basically any pasta recipe, but I used this recipe to start since it's so simple:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=165089

Also any recipe from eatingwell.com is pretty much my favorite.
  • glitteringloke
    Options
    I made a chicken donburi last night and it was about 325 calories a serving and even if you went back for seconds, it's not going to be too bad. The cookbook series i have is the "easy Japanese cooking" series published by Vertical and even offers some substitutions if you can't get some of the Asian foods in the recipes.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    One of my fav sides right now is sauteed spinach with black olives and topped with some crumbled tomato/basil feta. Mixed with greek seasoning and a splash of fig balsamic vinegar. I do it with cabbage too. I've been using cabbage as an alternative for spaghetti too sometimes. It goes well with meat sauce.
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Last night I made Philly Cheesteak Peppers....found the recipe on here....they were wonderful and completly different from anything we had been eating
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options
    i would not call it a meal but i love grapes and eat about a pound or 2 a week.
    12 grapes equals 34 calories.

besides that , a nice spring mix salad with half a clementine orange and some light sesame-ginger dressing. I prepare a large fruit bowl full of this salad and eat up. if you can afford the extra calories, add some walnuts, almonds, avocado, ....

3 oz spring mix 20 calories
    half a clementine 17.5 calories
    2 tbs light sesame-ginger dressing 45 calories

total calories 82.5

you can have this with just about any moderate protion of meat or carb and have a great and nutritious low-calorie meal.
    add
    tilapia 4 oz 100 calories;
    chicken 4 oz 110 calories,
    salmon 4 oz 220
    pork chop 4 oz 140

its up to you how much you can afford to eat based on your health and calorie budget.
  • fwilson1031
    Options
    RIght now I am obessed with whole wheat tortillas with mozz cheese and salsa! YUM! Usually have some greek yogurt and or fruit with it for lunch!
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    veggie meatballs and spaghetti squash with mahed tomatos and herbs on the "meat"balls :)
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love to take old favorites and make them healthy. I made lasagna yesterday that comes in at about 350 a serving. Use low fat cottage cheese (fiber one makes cottage cheese now with extra fiber in it!!), skim milk mozzarella, and lean beef (or rinse the fat off). Also use fewer noodles. Still ooey gooey and delicious, but fewer calories leaving enough room for some bread to soak up the extra tomato sauce. Yum.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com

I have yet to make a recipe on here and not love it. I always feel full too!