I've seemed to have gained 3lbs in 5 days

Options
Hi all,

On Jan 7th I started my change. I've done really well and am really proud of myself for having the strength
to do as well as I've done. On the 8th I joined a biggest loser competition in my hometown and weighed in at
341.5 lbs. I weighed myself this am and I weighed 344.2 lbs. How have I gained weight? I've been drinking about
16 cups of water (8oz cups) a day. Would that be causing such weight gain? I know that 80% of weight loss comes
from change of food and being a heavier girl I normally would lose like 10lbs in a week. Can anyone give me any
advice or help?

Replies

• NATASHABALL86
    Options
    hi as your being weighed elsewhere i wouldnt weight at home aswell as your scales may differ slightly :)
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you have been exercising, it can be water retention from muscle inflammation. If you had too much salty food, it can cause water retention. You should keep drinking water to help the -muscle recover. Unless you ate way over your calories count (1lbs =3500 calories....I think), then you will need to adjust your daily intake but I don't think it's your case. So just keep working out and eat healthy. Good luck on your journey.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Different scales or time of the month.