Anti cheat list

Options
I was wanting all of us to make a list of things to do instead of cheating on our weight loss!!! we can do this!!!

Replies

• NewMe80xoxo
    NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
    Options
    1. Instead of going to and buying something that you know you will regreat eating later take the money you were gonna spend on it and put it in a jar to save for when you lose weight.

2. Instead of eating b/c you are bored sit down and make list (places to shop when you lose weight, clothes to buy when you lose weight, things to do when you lose weight)
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    3. Buy clothes that fit you now. Don't wait until you are thinner. New clothes will make you feel good about yourself and encourage you to continue doing well.

4. Go for a walk, call a friend, distract yourself. Have an action plan in place so that you don't eat out of boredom or emotions - stay busy.
  • McKeown
    McKeown Posts: 8
    Options
    1. Instead of pulling into the fast food driveway on the way home start thinking about how good you've been doing all day and plan on making a nice healthy dinner dessert to reward yourself for not cheating!
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    Call a friend and make a date to go for a walk.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Instead of that one more cup of coffee have a glass of water

Exercise every minute you can fit it in if you cannot get a workout in. Every minute counts and it all adds up
  • ohhappydays
    Options
    Have a text buddy to talk you down from the ledge and remind you of your goals and why you are doing this!

Don't wear stretchy pants so when you cheat you feel the tightness and you will have a reminder of why you don't want to cheat next time!
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    (1) go to Curves for a great 30 minute workout!
    (2) if you like to bake - get on a list at church to make things when members are in need...
    (3) put some catnip on a small toy and watch your kitten go nuts!!! haha!! our kitty is a lunatic!! :o)
  • msonia11
    msonia11 Posts: 38
    Options
    6. Instead of eating when you are stress, take a bubble bath, go for a walk, or let us help you at MFP.
  • aimstein
    aimstein Posts: 94
    Options
    Keep a picture of yourself when you were at your ideal weight on your desktop, wallet, or purse. Pull the picture out when you want to cheat as a reminder of how good you will look once you reach your weight loss goals.

Make a list of your short-term weight loss goals. Use them as stepping stones towards your long-term goal. Keep the list handy...pull out the list when you want to cheat as a reminder of where you started, how far you have come, and where you are going.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    chew gum when you're sweet tooth is screaming at you for something more menacing (chocolate cake, ice cream, etc)

water-- drink half your weight in ounces daily. It's hard to feel hungry when there's a ton of water filling your tummy.
  • mwenthe
    mwenthe Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree that you should buy yourself some new clothes that fit - even if you haven't made it to your goal weight yet - because it is encouraging to see yourself look good in clothes that fit your body NOW and it doesn't allow you to dwell on those "skinny" clothes that are still waiting in your closet to be worn. Enjoy and celebrate your body now with clothes that look right!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Boredom is a big trigger for me. When I'm bored, I eat.
    So now when I get bored I knit or fool around on the computer or go for a walk or learn a new craft or dust or make a nice cup of tea or do watercolor or.......LOL! You get the idea!
    Don't get bored!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Keep a picture of yourself when you were at your ideal weight on your desktop, wallet, or purse. Pull the picture out when you want to cheat as a reminder of how good you will look once you reach your weight loss goals.

For some, the picture of when you were the heaviest might be more motivation.
  • NewMe80xoxo
    NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
    Options
    those are algreat ideas!!!