Small Miracle, Big Change!

Options
I probably don't have any right to post my "mini success" because everyone here has lost huge amounts of weight but I am going to anyway. I started MFP a week ago today and have been very diligent on logging everything that passed my lips. Half way through the week I bought a new digital scale (was using a manual one) and was devastated to see it weight 3.5 pounds heavier than my old scale. I wasn't doing as well as I thought however, instead of succumbing to my first thought of "whats the use", I adjusted my starting weight and loss to date on the MFP data base and stayed strong. It paid off! Although I am not delusional and know that most of this loss is probably water weight, I don't care. I already feel a difference in my clothes. After the first week I am happy to say I am down a whopping 8.3 pounds. Now, I continue with my realistic goal in mind of 1-2 pounds per week. I am motivated, mostly because of everyone here and their success stories, from the new friends I have gained and just because this time I can and will do it!
Cheers!

PS-Always looking for (and to give) support and motivation please feel free to add me!

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Great first week! Keep up the good work.
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't think you don't have the right to post a success! Big or small it's a success! Congrats on your loss already and keep it up!
  • shezzamess
    Options
    Mini Successes or large successes, we need all the encouragement we can get to keep going! You are doing fabulous honey, stay strong!
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You are off to a good start! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!