Help

Options
I am having a hard time NOT eating badly between 3-6pm. You know that time slot you are getting dinner ready and doing laundry and stuff around the house . I find myself reaching for the cookies or icecream?!!! Help...any suggestions....because to sit down and eat a salad at that time ...just isnt working....I am eating the salad and still reaching for the cookies !!!!

Replies

• McKeown
    McKeown Posts: 8
    Options
    Try getting out of the house during that time. Take the dog for a walk, go to the library, call a friend on the phone. Turn on some music and dance!

Also, drink water instead of food! Most of the time when our body tells us that it's hungry it's really thirsty. I find that this works best for me.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The easiest suggestion I have is don't have cookies or ice cream in the house. If it is not there you cannot eat it.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This is my problem time, too. I tweaked my schedule so that I now work out during that time -- it's helped me out immensely because I don't like working out on a full stomach, and then when I sit down for dinner, I am more aware of what I'm eating because I don't want to waste all the work I just did.

Another thing that could help is making sure your lunch is large enough to keep you full until dinner.

Good luck!!
  • xc600chic
    xc600chic Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks.....I will try to not buy the snacks but it is hard with 4 children in the house! How would I explain to them that mommy has no control and so they get no snacks !!!! I drink so much water that my belly hurts.....The dancing thing might work ....Thank you for the suggestions !!!! I need all of the help I can get !!!!
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Chew gum when your preparing dinner. That way you can't take little bites here and there that can quickly add up. I keep a huge container of sugar free gum right on my kitchen counter. It works!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The easiest suggestion I have is don't have cookies or ice cream in the house. If it is not there you cannot eat it.

Same here. I don't buy junk food cause I'll eat it...ALL!
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    I eat 5 meals a day at around 250 calories per meal and drink 100 oz. of water a day so I really don't get "hungry". Around the 3 o'clock hour I do get a bit sleepy though and since I have given up pop I will drink unsweetened iced green tea and I find that boosts my energy as well as makes me not as hungry if I am feeling "snacky". It is definitely the hardest time of the day to get through, hang in there!
  • xc600chic
    xc600chic Posts: 10
    Options
    I love Green tea !!!!!!!!!! That makes sense....It may be because I am "sleepy" ...thank you.... I cant loose with the dancing and tea...it will be a new beginning !! Thanks again!