Breast reduction and weight loss

Options
Hi all I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for an upcoming breast reduction, also if you have any pics of your overall weightloss and breast reduction i want to get an idea of how vast a change it makes. I'm scared but I know it will be worth it and ill be able to jog yay !!!!

Replies

• wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump for later... when i lose my weight if i am still an h that is my plan as well.
  • I'm saving up right now :-/
  • ElaineRochelle
    Options
    Hi,

I had a breast reduction last year and I lost 30 pounds before my surgery (I gained some of it back post surgery). Drastic weight loss after your surgery will affect the size, shape, perkiness after.. however if you're not able to drop the weight, I wouldn't worry about it because after the surgery working out will be so much easier and you can always get a touch up down the road if it does happen to affect them. In the past year I've yo yo'd about 20 pounds and it hasn't affected them.

One thing to be aware of is the recovery time. Although you can go back to work after 2 - 3 weeks, it takes months before you feel back to normal. I'd say I didn't feel like myself until I hit 6 months post op.

If you're concerned about scars.. don't be!!! The relief you will feel afterwards will be so amazing that you just won't care.. and also they fade quite a bit after a year.

I went from an HH to a DD, and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am considering a breast reduction sometime in the future (assuming of course that losing all my weight doesn't bring them down some). The reason I'm not interesting in having it done sooner is that it can cause problems when breastfeeding. So if you aren't done having all your children and you intend to breastfeed them, then that's something to think about. Personally I don't have any kids yet, but I do want some and I don't want to do anything that might mess it up.
  • Bellasammy
    Options
    I am considering a breast reduction sometime in the future (assuming of course that losing all my weight doesn't bring them down some). The reason I'm not interesting in having it done sooner is that it can cause problems when breastfeeding. So if you aren't done having all your children and you intend to breastfeed them, then that's something to think about. Personally I don't have any kids yet, but I do want some and I don't want to do anything that might mess it up.

Weirdly enough after having my son I couldn't breast feed because my breasts are so big, the plastic surgeon said ill have a better chance after surgery along as they don't need to drastically move the nipple :)
  • jennyripp77
    Options
    I had a breast reduction November 2, I love my new boobs!
    Last year I lost 20 pounds and with my neck issues decided to get the reduction. I have gained 8 back since my surgery, because of diet, not working out and the holidays. My breasts were not affected by the weight gain, but I am now on a better diet and hitting the gym now so I don't screw up how beautiful they are.
    I can lift weights again, yay! The bouncing hurts. I wore two sports bras to step class the other day, I was ok 80% of the class. More feeling is coming back where the scars are so they hurt and itch more.
    I went from a 34h to a 34c/d. I was off of pain meds within 3 days. It wasn't bad.