Christian readying for Cruise

Options
Hello, I'm 42, 227 lbs with 80+ lbs to lose to get ready for a cruise December 2013. I have tried several things mainly Curves, and Weight Watchers with some successes but I think the biggest successes are from when I really had support and could give support to others. I want to lose the weight so I can wear a swim suit in December but I also want to be healthy and I don't want food to be a god to me. I want to allow God to allow me to control what I put in my mouth and trust that I will have a slimmer healthier temple. Looking for friends to help me and that I can help along the journey.

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.

Replies

• terrygran
    Options
    Ecclesiastes! Feel free to add me.
  • godonmyside
    godonmyside Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started again so we can be support for each other, i'm the only one around me that needs to lose weight and so when they are splurging on food it really makes it difficult for me so we can be support for each other so feel free to add me if you like.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I pray that Jesus will make my stomach upset when I fall off the wagon! Then I get out the duck tape and tape myself on the wagon. Add me if you want!
  • joyundefined
    Options
    feel free to add me. I also started a group for those sisters in Christ if you'd like to join. :)
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Check out the book Intuitive Eating - it teaches you to retrain your mind to back when you were a child and you didn't think about eating; it came naturally. It's helping me correct my thought. Diet only destroys that.
  • LavenderChamomile
    Options
    I was considering creating a thread for Christians to connect as well! Feel free to add me (:
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I already belong to a Christian group but feel free to add me.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Amen brethren. Let's help each other.

Romans 15:1 We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

God bless. Please add me.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

:smile:
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I read a book called Thin Within by Judy Halliday and it has really changed my life. I feel like it's the God absed approach to weight loss that lasts and you can still have the foods you want. It's all about eating only when your hungry and stopping when your full. Feel free to add me!