Fats and protein?

Options
So I've recently begun tracking my macros, and in doing so, I have discovered that I go crazy on carbs. A little background on me: I have been a lacto-ovo-pesco-vegetarian (eating eggs, dairy, and seafood) for around 9 or 10 years now, and I'm trying to cut down on body fat. So basically, I was wondering if there are any good foods that are high in protein and fat besides cheese, nuts, avocados, and salmon. Thank you for your help!

Replies

• bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian too, no meat fish or eggs. I try and cottage cheese, seeds, nuts, soya, tofu etc
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Seeds, cocoa powder, peanut flour, olives, block creamed or unsweetened dessicated coconut, many other oily fish such as sardines/ pilchards, herring, mackerel, trout and fresh tuna (not canned).
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    eggs
    cottage cheese
    peanut butter
    beans
    asparagus
    cauliflower
    brussel sprouts
    quinoa

just google high protein vegetables or high protein vegetarian meals

Also I'm pretty sure they make vegan/vegetarian protein shakes so you could look into that as well.
  • Cleeecooo
    Options
    Seeds, fish and lentils are pretty high in protein content.

If you're still struggling, you could try supplements like whey.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! I'll definitely have to add these to my shopping list :)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Beans!

I add whey protein to lots of things, not just smoothies. Also Greek yogurt is very high in protein. I use mine to make veggie dips or top baked potatoes.