overweight, or obese?

Options
heeey guys, my name is ashley.
ive always been overweight, and i have commited to a "diet" 5 years ago and lost 80 pounds. well unfortunatly i lost my workout buddy and i fell off track. i had gotten into a bad relaationship and gained back all the wweight..
ive recently done some research and i found out that im not overweight, im obese!!! that word obese scared me so im here not trying to diet, but make a lifestyle change.

im on a strict budget and im always in and out of motels so i dont usually have access to a stove.
any ideas that are healty annnd cheap?

i dont have any fitness friends, therefore i dont have motivation and support when i lose my way.. any suggestions on how to deal with that?

overalll i was 248lbs now 244 lbs.. 5ft 8in large frame, female 21yrs old. i try and hit the gym 3 times a week for an hour and a half. i want to be 160-170 lbs and i want to do this in 9-12 months.. is it possible? what "at home excersises should i do? is there a diet to help me reach that goal?

please help, ive always been the fatgirl. now im 21 and i want to feel sexy, i want to feel desireable. ive never felt that way. i know im a beautiful girl, i just want a beautiful body to boost my confidence.

how do i stretch my lower back out?

what excersises shoul;d i do to lose my flabby arms????

so many questions!!:smooched: :smooched:

Replies

• Cleeecooo
    Options
    Just try seeing what you're eating at first. Whilst you may think you're eating small portions, you can, in reality be consuming 3,000 calories a day. Just cutting that down to something like 2,000 kcal will allow you to see some improvement.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    For foods you can have in your motel rooms without a cooker, I'd opt for fruit and protein shakes (which are cheaper per gram of protein than most other sources).

Support and motivation; stay fat or get fit. Pick which struggle you'd prefer.

There is a diet to help you. It's called the Eating Less than You Burn diet. That's all there is to weightloss.

At home exercises; bodyweight exercises. Pushups, squats, pullups if you can get a pullup bar to keep with you. Possibly yoga or pilates.

9-12 months? Who knows? Nobody can give you a definite yes or no.
  • WavyyCakes95
    Options
    Hi. My name is Azalea. I can add you and help if you like. Im 5'4" 220. N I've never stuck to a diet or lost weight. For arms I think push ups or weight (doesnt have to be heavy) will help. Yoga can help with your back. N yes you can most definitely meet your goal if not more if you stay to it and work hard :happy:
  • GADavies
    GADavies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    is there a diet to help me reach that goal?
    Fundamentally? Eat less calories. Dieting really is that simple (unless you go the Atkins route where it's all about keeping the body in ketosis rather than calorie control), keep your intake below your output and you'll lose fat.

If you use MFP to record your calorie intake use scales to weigh food, don't guess. And record everything, even if you fall off the wagon record it so you can see how much you fell off. Research shows that most people who hit a plateau in weight loss start losing it again immediately on being put in a strictly controlled environment because their self reporting was less than complete and their intake higher than they thought.
  • elainewitch
    elainewitch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you have access to the internet in your motel try looking up belly dancing on youtube. It might not be as effective as going to the gym but it gets you moving and it's fun. :)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Just 2 tips for exercise and motels. Many motels have a weight machine or exercise room. For the flab in your arms swimming is one of the best and many motels have them also. Don't think of it as a diet. Think of it as a new live-it program. Good luck!
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    heeey guys, my name is ashley.
    ive always been overweight, and i have commited to a "diet" 5 years ago and lost 80 pounds. well unfortunatly i lost my workout buddy and i fell off track. i had gotten into a bad relaationship and gained back all the wweight..
    ive recently done some research and i found out that im not overweight, im obese!!! that word obese scared me so im here not trying to diet, but make a lifestyle change.

im on a strict budget and im always in and out of motels so i dont usually have access to a stove.
    any ideas that are healty annnd cheap?

i dont have any fitness friends, therefore i dont have motivation and support when i lose my way.. any suggestions on how to deal with that?

overalll i was 248lbs now 244 lbs.. 5ft 8in large frame, female 21yrs old. i try and hit the gym 3 times a week for an hour and a half. i want to be 160-170 lbs and i want to do this in 9-12 months.. is it possible? what "at home excersises should i do? is there a diet to help me reach that goal?

please help, ive always been the fatgirl. now im 21 and i want to feel sexy, i want to feel desireable. ive never felt that way. i know im a beautiful girl, i just want a beautiful body to boost my confidence.

how do i stretch my lower back out?

what excersises shoul;d i do to lose my flabby arms????

so many questions!!:smooched: :smooched:

To stretch out your back, you can do a couple of things. I have an inversion table, (I have to be careful because it is hard on my knees?? yes it is. so, there are also back streatchers you can buy that lay on the ground, (fourcorners.com has a couple cheap). For your flabby arms, I would do pushups, get the push up hand grips, if they turn even better (less pressure on your wrists and the turning works out many parts of your arms) also weights, hand weights, doing bicep curls, and hold your arm almost straight up, then take you weight in hand and bend behind your back, that should help the tricep.. Her is an idea that helped me and it is soooo easy, get rid of any cloths that do not make you feel pretty. So those t-shirts gone, I wear womens blouses (you can find them cheap at the thrift store, also on sale, haha, Kmart is having a winter clearance here, maybe where you are as well? Kmart here also has a great collections of large womens cloths down to small).

As far as the obese goes, I understand, I found out I was Morbidly obese!!! I am now obese class 2? Hubby has gone from obese 2 to over weight. We have done this using MFP. I still praise the friend that turned us on to it.....

Good luck.