Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lost 8 lbs & 14 inches since last month.....

I lost 8 lbs and 14 inches since last month and I can not see a difference in me one bit :(
I honestly look exactly the same now as I did 4 weeks ago....I haven't taken pictures as I don't own a camera or cellular phone but I stand naked in front of a full-length mirror once a month and take my measurements.

Is it possible to lose inches and still look the same??

Mid December .weight 177 lbs
Mid January weight 169 lbs

December body measurements bust- 39
waist 31
stomach 43
hips 44
thighs both 26
arms both 14

Today's measurements bust 37
waist 29
stomach 40
hips 42.5
thighs- both 24
arms- both 13

Replies

• auntiecyndy
    auntiecyndy Posts: 17 Member
    I think this is a perception problem. I can lose 40lbs and not see the difference at all. My niece has lost 100lbs and asked me the other day "can you see a difference?" Really. Do your clothes feel looser? Has anyone, who knows you, commented on your weight lose? Start taking pictures too. This will help. I'm sure their is a difference. Good luck.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    You lost 2 inches off your waist, three off your stomach...etc. etc. etc....That's progress...those are pretty drastic improvements.
  • Thank you both for answering...I think I will start taking regular pictures now.
  • ckgia
    ckgia Posts: 5 Member
    Wow, that is really awesome. You have done an amazing job of measuring and weighing in. I have not been doing this. Great job!
    :smile:
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Nice work . Keep it up...

You'll probably notice it in your face first , And the way your Cloths feels on you .... Friends and Family will notice you've lost weight.... Right away .
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Congrats!

I took a long, long time to notice looking in the mirror when I lost weight - went by the looseness of my clothes and getting a personal trainer to do my measurements to gauge my results.

I definitely notice it in my face when I lose weight - my cheekbones pop out quite quickly, and I lose my double chin, which makes my neck look longer.

I wish I had taken more photos on my weightloss journey - only really took befores and afters, but now that I have gained again, I can do it this time around!