I NEED HELP!!

Options
I have been trying to loose weight with this system for 50 days now, even though I was trying on my own before that. it says that my calories are 1750 and most days I am WAY under that through my excersize. This morning I woke up and GAIN 5 pounds. I will say that i dont get off course often even through the holidays I stayed on track. But last night I had a chicken pita from Jack in the Box. Even while eating that I was still under my calories. Im so over this and I just want to give up. I bake for my kids and dont eat it. I cook amazing meals and dont eat any for fear that i will go over my calories. Then the one night I have a cheat in 50 days I gain 5 pounds. I dont understand and crying my eyes out. What and I doing wrong. Im so tired of being fat.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    You can't gain that much weight in one day. Probably that Jack in the Box entree had a ton of sodium. So you are full of water today. Your diary looks pretty good, in fact. Give it a few days. . . it will be fine!
  • erikabailey6
    Options
    Thanks, I really hope it comes off. Sometimes it is so easy to put on the wight and so hard to take it off. I was so dunbfounded to see the scale this morning. I am chugging water in hopes it all just the sodium in the spurge I had. Thanks :smile:
  • pjmortim
    Options
    Hey! Why are you beating yourself up? You may be losing inches. I walk four or five miles at least 6 days a week. Since I am frugal, I opted for Wii Fit as opposed to joining a gym. Try that. Sometimes we need encouragement from friends and family. Instead of taking that car start out walking a little. It doesn't have to be far or ling, but start. Before you know it you'll be picking upnthatnspeed. An advantage to walking, it helps to clear your head and put things in its proper perspective. I'll send you a friend request in a minute. Hang in there girlfriend. You are not alone
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Scales are evil! I've actually had a 3-pound weight gain while being sick, hardly able to eat anything, and running to the bathroom at least once per hour. I don't know how that's even possible. It's hard to imagine that I was full of fluid when I was losing so much of it.

I know that my scales are pretty close to accurate because I've tested before going to a doctor appointment. So I can't explain it; I only know it happens.

Be kind to yourself.
  • VitalWoman
    VitalWoman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You probably are holding water from the sodium. I personally stick to my diet plan and I do not eat my excersise calories this seems to work for me.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath. It most likely is water weight from the sodium. I ate smoked salmon before bed the other night and the scale was up 5 lbs the next morning. and now, 2 days later the scale is back down. One lb = 3500 calories. You would have had to eat 17500 cals over maintenance for it to be a true 5 lb gain. Drink, drink, drink water today. You'll be fine:)
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Fat is easy for most of us to gain and hard for us to lose, 500 calories is a small amount of food but a solid hour of high intensity exercise for many. You cannot gain five pounds of fat overnight that means overeating by 17500 calories, don't weigh yourself that often. It was either sodium or the carbs refuelling your muscles or both, either way water weight. If it was sodium check you are consistently eating plenty of foods rich in potassium and magnesium to balance it out, not just drinking water.

Are you netting under your basal metabolic rate? If so that is not healthy and could lead to dehydration, muscle being burned, your metabolism dropping. If you cannot lose any other way get yourself medically tested for thyroid problems, diabetes/ PCOS, nutrient deficiencies.

It also concerns me that you are cooking and baking for your family but not eating it and are crying over the scales. If you think that food is unhealthy then your family don't need it any more than you do - healthy eating guidelines are not that different for a dieter as anyone else, we should all be having a maximum of 10% daily calories as processed/ sugary/ fatty/ refined/ junk and all be having seven to nine servings of fruit and veggies and so on.

If it's purely calories then honestly that is how people with disordered eating behave, cooking for others but not eating. People who manage their weight most successfully don't diet, they change their eating habits for life. That is easier with the support of your family and if you start eating well when young.