Herbalife?

Options
Has anyone had good results with Herbalife? My sister-in-law is selling it so I bought into the program. I am starting today and was just hoping someone else had a success story to tell me.

Replies

• CarolAmanda
    CarolAmanda Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been off and on with Herbalife since the holidays but I plan on getting back on track soon. I love the shakes and the beverage drink mix. Helps me get some extra protein.

Carol
  • madolynp
    Options
    I tried it several years ago , didn't work very well for me. I already was eating pretty healthy and walking on a daily basis. Used it to try and get past a plateau where I wasn't losing anymore weigt. Good Luck
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of meal replacement shakes. I'm not a fan of anything I couldn't do the rest of my life.

I've known people who were herbalife distributors and boy do they like to push their product... "I lost 30 lbs with this!!!!" . Yes, I've lost 30 lbs!!!! without this... through watching what I eat and exercising. Sure it might be longer (8 months opposed to 3-4 months) but that's healthier imo anyways.
  • hadapurpura
    Options
    I'm not a fan of anything you couldn't do for the rest of your life either. I tried it once for a very short while, and with good reason: it gave me the worst migraines ever. As far as I know, it's also very unhealthy for your liver and your nervous system. Plus there's nothing like eating actual food, which you can a) control and b) enjoy.
  • boilerbabe69
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments. I figured I would jump start my weight loss with the shakes and take a needed break from making food choices. Of course I am still eating a meal everyday so I still am facing good choices and portion control. Thanks again for your input.
  • tp_1973
    Options
    I love it!!!! I have lost nearly 24 kilos (50 lbs) just counting calories etc....Towards last 3 months of last year I found my systems very lethargic and weight loss stopped....I could just feel I wasn't getting enough nutrients from the food I as eating, which was all good food (no soft drinks, little alcohol etc) sticking to 1200 calories was just not enough. I decided to give Herbalife a go as my friend has lost 35 kilos in 3 months....I started on Jan 1st and have lost 3.5 kilos (8 lbs) so far. The weight loss aside I have SO much more energy and feel really positive and generally fantastic...I decided I would give it a month and see from there. So far so good :) p.s I don't sell it or anything...so an unbiased opinion...
  • TheScarlettOHara
    TheScarlettOHara Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I too have a family member who sells Herbalife. I use the protein powders they sell mixed into smoothies from time to time.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I can't support ANY MLM's b/c they are ALL flawed and should be much more heavily regulated than they are. People lie about the money they make b/c they are already invested, and usually higher quality products are cheaper elsewhere (there has to be money in the profits to not only pay the company, but others who bought into it too).
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    here was a response I made to a Beachbody rep. For whatever reason, people take offense to bashing an MLM that they are part of (I know the reason, as I'm sure you do too), it's just the business model I am not a fan of.

VEGA products on the other hand, I love - why? B/C the guy who sells them also tells you that you don't need them, and shows you how to eat healthy even without his products- honesty!

While I support anyone who wants to get it better shape/health, (so it's awesome that you're on this path Becky!!!). . .

I don't support MLMs as it is a mathematical impossibility for it to work as a business model for the vast majority (close to 90%) of the people who join them, (with the intention to make money).

(imo) These business models should be banned, outlawed, and legislated against, once and for all, as they continue to prey on well intentioned, hard-working, really good and decent people, who just haven't researched these systems thoroughly enough to know that these systems themselves are deeply flawed, and the entire deck is stacked against most new joiners from ever making any real money, right from the get go.

Need Proof. . . (In this case. . .) From their own financial discloser:

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/uploads/fckeditor/mdbody/File/downloads/statement_of_independent_coach_earnings.pdf

Note: Notice that only the TOP 7%!!! have an average annual earnings of $79,000. . .

Everyone else has an average annual income of $14,000!!! or less, (below the poverty line), and the largest group (~79%) on average only made $2,300!!!, (For the entire year. . . Minus whatever they spent on product!!!). Notice also that ONLY 49% of all the coaches enrolled for the entire year received any paycheck AT ALL, and these statistics don't even reflect all the coaches who washed out of the program, (thinking themselves failures) before they were even in the program a for an entire year, (who knows how many, or what percentage that was??!!??).

For anyone who has the time or stomach for it, you can read the whole business model here:

https://www.teambeachbody.com/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=87e5c6e6-897f-4d8d-8313-0e695c20ad3b&groupId=10137

And make special note of sections 3.3, & 3.6.3 about income claims and cheating the system, (Why would any company need to write this into it's rules and regs, if it were not a problem??, not to mention a common one).

As an almost secondary side note. . . Properly controlled (aka double/triple blinded) clinical studies show that 'cleanses' are not required by the body, and offer no measurable benefit over a non-cleansing regime to lose weight. Any diet that simply lowers caloric intake, and increases exercise is on the right track, (no 'cleanse' required), and (in some cases (read diuretics)) 'cleanses' can on occasion even be harmful.

More Info at: http://www.skepdic.com/detox.html

All that aside, I do wish you the best on your health outcomes Becky. Most of us could be in eat healthier, and exercise a little more, so I applaud your efforts. (I just (personally) wished you found a different vehicle to get you there). ;-)