Water consumption

Options
Can I count coffee as water for my water consumption goal?

Replies

• itsdonna35
    Options
    Some say yes - some say no...personally I do not. I have about 4 cups of coffee in a day but I also get in at least 64 oz. of H2O. Water is so good for your digestive system, joints, hair, skin...and we could go on and on.

Do you like to drink water?
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    Just a heads up, you will get MANY different answers on this. Here are some. No, because coffee is a diuretic. Yes, because water is water no matter what form, then the sciency answer is that coffee and tea are both changed on the moleculer level, but some people don't grasp the concept of molecular bonds therefore they'll say yes either way. But, since it does act as a diuretic, and the point of water is to hydrate you, I'd say no.
  • ldwash405
    ldwash405 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Your water consumption is how much plain water do you drink. :wink:
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My allergist says that I can count iced tea toward a water goal, but only count half of it. Since I live in Colorado and have asthma, making sure I stay hydrated is important - my goal from my allergist is 96-120 ounces per day. Luckily I don't mind constantly having water next to me.
  • milt49
    milt49 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    After posing my question about counting coffee as water, I decided that a healthy diet does not encourage excessive amounts of coffee. So I am not counting coffee as water. I am currently drinking 6 cups of water a day.
  • milt49
    milt49 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Actually I dink 8 cups of water a day. New regimen.
  • sezhep
    sezhep Posts: 57
    Options
    I struggle with drinking enough of anything!

How much is one "cup"?
  • Rozzy77
    Rozzy77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to consume at least 5 to start. Here's a recipe I use to natually flavour my water.

Spa Water
    1 Litre (12 cups) - a pitcher
    5-6 slices of cucumber
    2 slices of lemon
    2 slices of lime
    1 sprig of mint
    (optional - raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, etc. depending on if you eat them for your sugar count)

It's definitely refreshing and detoxifying.
    Enjoy!:happy:
  • GADavies
    GADavies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    coffee is a diuretic.
    Not in the doses found in coffee and carbonated drinks it's not.
  • sezhep
    sezhep Posts: 57
    Options
    coffee is a diuretic.
    Not in the doses found in coffee and carbonated drinks it's not.

Well it certainly makes me pee A LOT more than if I don't drink it...