c-section lower stomach pooch

Options
I'm a little over 3 months post-partum. My body has bounced back well for the most part except I have some fat on my lower abs. I have never been good at dieting. I can eat in moderation and count calories, but giving up everything has never worked for me. I just wonder if there is any mom like me out there who had success flattening their pooch?

Replies

• amandabateman411
    Options
    I am 3 weeks postpartum from c section #4, and i have never got rid of that pooch all the way. I am really hoping to accomplish that this time around tho!
  • grammiejul
    grammiejul Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am going to *bump* in hopes of some advice. I am halfway through my weight loss. I never had a c-section, but had surgery for ectopic pregnancies that left that same pooch belly. Let's hope someone will share a success!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    two C's and still working on it.

You're only 3 months PP, heck at that point I didn't have most of the feeling back yet.
    There is also the "Tupler Technique" (i may be spelling wrong". Google that. It can help if you have a diastasis... it explains it on the sites. Simple "Pull in your gut" exercises can help. Babies can really pull the muscles apart.

Good luck
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have been doing tranverse abdominus exercises which has pulled my inner muscles back together. Though, I must admit the bellefit I got really did the job. I lost three inches in one week.
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have had success! I have 4 children and with my last I had a c-section (he is 2 yrs old now)
    But last year when he was 1 yrs old....I had a bad pooch and stomach area that I was not happy with. I started using MFP and working out to Insanity. I was pretty strict with my diet during those 60 days.
    I was able to lose that stomach I had from my pregnancies. Most of my weight I lost was from my stomach.
    Check out my youtube video results I just made :) Thanks. http://youtu.be/rRCPVSOrfJI
    Good Luck everyone with your fitness journeys!
  • bigbird1979
    bigbird1979 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 5 and a half months ago and I have that pooch. I had a c-section and I didn't lose any weight. Well I lost 40 of the 60 but that was at 2 months and haven't lost any since. I tried to breast feed but my supply was so low so I stopped at 4 months plus had an IUD put in at 3 months that I believe needs to be taken out. It makes me feel bad. I am finally working out again. Just started back again. I had a little PPD so I didn't really feel like doing anything til now. This is the first time I don't have a flat stomach. I just need to work on it. I don't know if you feel the same way but having a c-section really slows the healthing process down.
  • Lirin1
    Lirin1 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am crossing my fingers and hoping I'm having success!

My daughter was born a year ago. I had SPD and bad hip pain during pregnancy, which made exercise difficult. After the birth I had problems, mainly with my blood and problems from the birth causing pain while walking.

They've both been resolved now- one by surgery- which made it difficult to do anything until August/ September. Even then I was only half-hearted.

My sister bought me a hulahoop which I discovered I quite enjoy. As well as that, I jog, walk, and I've started the 30-day shred (On day 3!).

Hula is very good for abs, but the main point of advice I can give is from martial arts- walk tall, hold your stomach in, and you'll be doing a small workout there, just strengthening the muscles is a start.

Definitely ab exercises like crunches, twists, rolls etc all help....
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    What is bellefit?
  • cryswest57
    Options
    Yes, it does. It took me a month to start to feel normal again.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    When you are cleared to start exercise by your doctor do some Pilates, Flexibar or similar exercise that works the deep abdominal muscles preferably with professional instruction not a DVD. Don't do crunches/ curls. Once you are fully recovered start intense full body strength training and adjust your lifestyle to anti stress. Don't diet just eat healthy nutritious wholefoods: plenty of oily fish, reduced fat dairy, fruit and veg, nuts and seeds.
  • cryswest57
    Options
    The Bellefit is a girdle or corset which you wear after you give birth. I started late at three months post-partum, but I still lost three inches. I have diastasis recti so it really helped.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    bump

c section 4 years ago but still have that pooch, little now since i lost weight but still there
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have had success! I have 4 children and with my last I had a c-section (he is 2 yrs old now)
    But last year when he was 1 yrs old....I had a bad pooch and stomach area that I was not happy with. I started using MFP and working out to Insanity. I was pretty strict with my diet during those 60 days.
    I was able to lose that stomach I had from my pregnancies. Most of my weight I lost was from my stomach.
    Check out my youtube video results I just made :) Thanks. http://youtu.be/rRCPVSOrfJI
    Good Luck everyone with your fitness journeys!

You look amazing, Becky!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Beck - great Insanity video! You look awesome
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just did a bunch of research on the Tupler Technique- looks like there may be hope for me after all!

My pooch is a mess after 2 c-sections, one pregnancy which was full term twins.

My doc says I need to lose 45 more lbs before he would refer me for a tummy tuck.
  • mjswalters
    mjswalters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Isn't the pooch just skin? Mine is filled out with fat right now, but it is obvious that unless there is significant skin tightening as I lose weight (which I don't think will happen as my only c/s was with my first baby, who is now almost 8) it'll still be there, just deflated. Once I hit my goal, I'm pretty sure I'll need a tummy tuck if I want it flat.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 years post-partum (had 2 c-sections) and I've never been able to get rid of it. In fact, if you are out in public and people-watching, you'll notice you can actually pick out the women who have had c-sections because they've all got the same pooch. My doctor told me it depends on what your stomach looked like BEFORE you got pregnant and my tummy was always a problem area for me. But I think it has something to do with how they sew you up. Don't be hard on yourself, though. It is still REALLY EARLY for you to be worrying about it. And congrats on your new baby!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yep, I know what you mean. MFP with an eye on my diet as well as working out finally did it. It's hard but it does go away :) best of luck!
  • cryswest57
    Options
    thank you everyone