Dream Fitness Goals

Options
I want to be able to:

1) Complete the 100 Pushups Challenge ( http://hundredpushups.com )
2) Do a chin-up from a dead hang
3) Do a pull-up from a dead hang
4) Do pistol squats all the way down on each leg ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEBol54EjVE )

What are your dream fitness goals?

Replies

• mroper
    mroper Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to:

1. Run a mile without stopping. 2. Walk up the stairs at work without being out of breath. 3. Complete 30 day shred level 3! :happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to :

- Run 2 miles outside on concrete without slowing
    - Compete in a 5k
    - Bike 10 miles outside
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Rollerblade for hours in the sunshine with dog n partner, play netball, and win, re-confirm my all time title of 15 cartwheels in a row without stopping :o) Be the last one left on the salsa dancefloor.

I will never be an athlete, I have no desire to but I do like having fun on my feet, without the fear of sudden death!

:o)
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options

4) Do pistol squats all the way down on each leg ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEBol54EjVE )

I watched the video of this, and am a little confused. (I also watched a couple other videos of people doing this) What is the confusion? I thought you weren't supposed to ever let your knee go past your toes, and all of those people that were demonstrating that did. Maybe it is just because that is life and no way around it, but I wouldn't want to screw up my knees either. Thoughts?

Be able to:
    - Finish the 5K next Thursday
    - Do a sets of push the full way, instead of doing half full, half on knees
    - Be able to do more of the plank exercises without back pain :-)
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Run a 5k in 30 minutes by the end of the year! :flowerforyou:
  • Murdog
    Murdog Posts: 70
    Options
    1. To be in my 160s-range (weight).
    2. Have a 32" waist.
    3. To run a 5K in under 20 minutes.
    4. Not just be thin--but, cut as well.
    5. To break 5 boards taped together like I did in '99.
  • candicemcl
    Options
    1.To be able to do more than 15 push ups in a row
    2. To run 5K
    3.To find the six pack under my belly fat from having kids, although I know it will never be like in high school
    4.To keep with healthy eating habits and show my kids eating healthy is good...and does have rewards!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

I watched the video of this, and am a little confused. (I also watched a couple other videos of people doing this) What is the confusion? I thought you weren't supposed to ever let your knee go past your toes, and all of those people that were demonstrating that did. Maybe it is just because that is life and no way around it, but I wouldn't want to screw up my knees either. Thoughts?

EDIT: Oops. My response below is about squatting past parallel. You were talking about the knee going past the toe. I guess I was just anticipating the question and didn't read it carefully. The article I pasted below sort of addresses that as well, but I don't have an answer.

I don't know all the details about the bio-mechanics of it, but I do know that as I was recovering from my knee surgery (still a work in progress), my physical therapist encouraged me to squat past parallel. My knee strength and/or muscular imbalance was partially measured by how deep I could go into single-leg squats.

When you think about it from a functional sense, a lot of us squat past parallel all the time. For example, in getting up from sitting on the floor, my natural inclination is to get into a deep squat and get up from there.

Here's one article I found on the matter. Not sure about how reputable the source is but it calls the "not squatting past parallel" rule a myth. http://www.tmuscle.com/readArticle.do?id=1767210&cr=

I'd love to hear from some physical therapists or orthopedic doctors, though.
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    #1 goal is to be able to do gymnastics again

I'm sure I could join a gym right now and take gymnastics, but I would not be caught dead in spandex lol
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Current Goals:

Run 5K in under 30 minutes
    Run a 10K in June
    Run a half marathon in December

Future Goals:

Run a marathon
    Bike 100 miles at the "Hotter than Hell" in the August heat of Texas.
  • seventeenlucky77
    seventeenlucky77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    - Jog/run 15 minutes of my 30 minute treadmill workout.
    - Do 40 squats and not be sore the next day.
    - Complete 100 push ups Challenge.
    - Do some crunches or even sit-ups, doesn't matter how many I just want to be able to do some.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Run a half marathon in 1 hr 45 m
    Run a full marathon in under 4 hrs
    Get a road bike and start biking and eventually do a century ride

Get down to 16% body fat
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Get in the 18 - 21% body fat range

Complete a 5K

Complete multiple sets of push-ups and pull-ups

Be strong enough to attend CrossFit workouts without embarrassing myself :)
  • Firefrog76
    Options
    1. To jog 40 minutes at a shot 3x a week
    2. Eventually run a 5k.
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    To run a marathon. Or rather, to run one in three and a half/ three hours.