Finally!!

Options
After quitting smoking nearly six weeks ago and being on a plateau for the same amount of time....I have finally broke that plateau and was down 1lb today :) I couldn't be happier!!!!

Replies

• AnnaSmith27
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations!
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job! Feels good when the scale starts to move again...keep up the good work!
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I ever did. Keep it up and it will only get better! Feel free to add me if you need an ex-smoker friend.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Fantastic on both counts :flowerforyou:
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's huge. Smoking impacts a number of the body's "systems" so quitting requires your body to go through a bunch of changes. Congratulations - both on quitting and on your breakthrough!
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's a lovely feeling when you break a plateau so a big congratulations :)
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Going to be going down the same path and quit smoking. Just received chantex in the mail. I am very excited to quite I just can't wait! All that damn money can't wait. I just might take a nice vaca with the money ill be saving : ).

Congratulations again! :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I have never been a smoker so I cannot personally relate, yet I have seen others quit an gain 20lbs so excellent job!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi aliie38!

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I know that it can be very difficult to get through those first few weeks. And the weight gain can be a beast. Good job on sticking it out and making it over the hump.

If you ever need advice, someone to talk to or information to get you through some of the stages of quitting (there will be more :-D) please add me as a friend. I'm a public health advocate and my specialty area is Tobacco, so I'm a literal treasure trove of information, tips and tricks. Let me know if you ever need anything (and yes, I'm being serious...it is literally my job to help people quit smoking and make it past the bench-marks).

Congrats again!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good job on both! Great steps to support your health
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! To stop smoking and not gaining a lot of weight is great. Sounds like your bady is now ready to go on to an even healthier life. Thank you for sharing.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    YEA!!!!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Keep going and well done
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ON both!!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting.

From your friendly neighborhood pulmonologist. :smile:
  • aliie38
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and support :) I love that about MFP!!!
    I am really proud of myself for not picking up the bad habit again when I saw the scale not moving. I just keep pushing and hopefully it will keep coming off :)
  • moostrodamus
    Options
    Congrats!

I quit smoking too..been 1 year, i know how hard it is..good for you...if you need help with the smoking happy to be a friend.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!