Need some advice please

Options
Hi, I'm a newbie (presentation in "introduce yourself" part and I would like to ask you some advice.

I don't know where to begin to lose weight and get black an healthy and fit body.

Before my gain of weight, I've never checked about calories, protein, pre workout food etc. I was just eating vegetables, meat/Fish/egg etc. , dairy food and archy, what I was learned to eat well.
I was doing some sport (5 to 7 hours per week younger and one to two hours after)

Since I've stopped any exercice and healthy food, It's like I don't know where and how to start a healthy weight loss

So, I think I will do an hour Zumba per week to acclimate my body with exercise.

Is it enough or I should go to the gym more etc ?

It's hard to explain in english .

I've started eating well last monday and I don't want to loose muscles instead of fat.
One hour is enough to start?

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals. I definitely believe in starting slow and building up to more intense workouts. Does one hour a week mean one hour long class per week?
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple and just start! You might find that you can do more than one hour a week. Just listen to your body. It will tell you if you've pushed too hard. If you can only do one hour, it's still one hour more than you did before. Just start moving, add fruits and veggies to your diet and drink lots of water. Those simple things will get you on the path to a healthier you! Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • Calamity_
    Options
    Depends on your goals. I definitely believe in starting slow and building up to more intense workouts. Does one hour a week mean one hour long class per week?

Yes, I have two choices : 55 or 70 minutes lesson, I will start 55' this session, because I know It's difficult to do 15 more minutes
  • Calamity_
    Options
    Keep it simple and just start! You might find that you can do more than one hour a week. Just listen to your body. It will tell you if you've pushed too hard. If you can only do one hour, it's still one hour more than you did before. Just start moving, add fruits and veggies to your diet and drink lots of water. Those simple things will get you on the path to a healthier you! Good luck! :bigsmile:

It's just, I want to begin well ????

I try to put 1/3 veggies in each meal (I report everything on my diarywith MFP even if sometimes I don't really know how much calories my meal is), and decrease archys for dinner.

My goal is to lose 55 lbs before december (if it is before, i will be happy too) and above all, doing at least 3h sport per week.

Thanks for your advice
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I thi k what matters most is to start with something you can maintain. It is way easier to add a little here and a little there as time goes on. Start with two much and you may get frustrated and give up.
  • Calamity_
    Options
    When I look at profile here or others sites, I feel that everyone is going 6 times a week at the gym.

I will add swimming lesson (55 min with a trainer) to Zumba when I'll find my pace

Like you say, I don't want to be frustated

Have you got some advice to adjust what we eat according to our activity ?
    1200 kcal is sometimes difficult to reach and If I add archys, I maintain my weight
  • schmenge55
    Options
    I am personally not a fan of the "not eating back exercise calories" but that is just my opinion. Generally if you are looking at the MFP recommended one pound per week you have a daily 500 deficit in your target already. Beat that by say another 300 and that is 800 total, more than a meal and I think they you a hungry and will eventually binge. Strive for as many of your calories as reasonable to be quality. A baked potatoe and a bag of Skittles are about the same :)

And do not worry about how much others exercise. When I first got into exercise 22 years ago (yikes!). I would guess I got in a couple of hours a week. Now it is more like 30+ hours a week, but that happened over a long time
  • Calamity_
    Options
    Thank you

My lesson is 8 pm , so I think I will eat something before like a snack (I usually eat between 8 and 10 pm) and eat my dinner after (I want to try to prep my meals for week on sunday) at 9pm

When I was younger, I usually ate bread, fruit or yogourt before go to my swimming training and soup (mots of time) and veggies / fruit after.

I don't want to be obsessed by what I eat, how much minutes I stay on elliptical bike etc. Paradoxically, I want to lose ten pounds fast

30h / week : waoooh . My ideal week in future is doing some sport befor work in morning and after .

My uppergoal is to participate a triathlon !
  • schmenge55
    Options
    Don't worry about losing 10 pounds fast, worry about keeping them off forever. :)
  • Calamity_
    Options
    You're totally right, I don't want see my pounds back in three months !
    I'll stick to a fixed limit of calories for a month or two and adjust it later. I start cardio : zumba lesson twice a week and two hours and later I will deal with running, swimming, fitness training