My Progress So Far

Options
kmjenkins
kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
Well after a holiday slump of crappy food and few workouts, I decided to go through some pictures today and see my progress so far to give myself a bit of motivation to jump back on the horse. And what better motivation is there than posting your story on MFP for everyone to see! I joined MFP in January 2011—lost 30 lbs, gained it all back, and then really re-started my journey in November 2011. Since November 2011 I have lost 67 lbs, 23.4% body fat and about 32 inches off my body. I am currently at 35.5% body fat and my "for now" goal is 28%--then I will re-evaluate.

The things I've found most helpful to me so far are:

1. Food is fuel—eat to live, don't live to eat!
2. Educate yourself, nutrition and exercise are science, the more you learn and apply the more success you will have.
3. Be precise and don’t guess—get a food scale and a heart rate monitor.
4. Planning is critical—plan your food and your workouts. If you get bored—change it all up in a healthy way in order to stay successful.
5. Do not let a setback with food or in the gym ruin everything. Commit to yourself, set goals and work hard to achieve them.

Good luck, find what works for you and keep at it, you can do this!

January 2012
January2012_zpsde4f03d2.jpg

December 2012

2012ChristmasParty_zpsfbb7c670.jpg

November 2011
10222011_zps47e94199-1.jpg

This morning
01132013_zps4537fd5c-1.jpg

Replies

• flyersrule17a
    flyersrule17a Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. Keep up the great work, it's definitely showing.
  • toadkingdom
    Options
    You're looking super-toned. Plus, you've been able to commit the past year to eating and moving smarter. That's a huge achievement! Keep going!
  • Cajun_Angel
    Options
    Keep up the the good work, you can see the changes through the pictures!

Looking good!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!
  • kmjenkins
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jenkins22
    Options
    Way to go, Kelly! You are doing so wonderfully and I am so proud of you. You are stronger than you think. Keep it up and you will definately meet your goals and I am sure, surpass them! You look amazing.
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!
  • mrs_card
    mrs_card Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nice progress! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You have made good progress! Thank you for the tips.
  • kmjenkins
    Options
    Way to go, Kelly! You are doing so wonderfully and I am so proud of you. You are stronger than you think. Keep it up and you will definately meet your goals and I am sure, surpass them! You look amazing.

Aww thanks Kate--and thanks for all your support sister! Love you!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You are doing great keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!