Day of weigh in need advice...

I weigh in on tuesdays at around 530pm. I drink about 130oz of water each day and am thinking I have some water retention. On the day of weigh in how long before weighing in is it suggested you not eat or drink anything? If I stop eating after lunch and then sip water slowly I should be okay? Does anyone have any advice on weigh in days?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I think as long as you make the conditions the same as much as possible, you'll be able to measure progress.

I like to weigh first thing in the morning, before I've eaten or drinking anything. But really, it's how the scale moves from one weigh to the next that's important.
  • dominoid747
    dominoid747 Posts: 33 Member
    Simply eat and drink normally. Don't starve or dehydrate yourself to minimise the number. The main thing is to try and do it at about the same time and in the same conditions each week. The absolute number is not as important as the relative loss between this time last week and this time this week.

If you think about it, you're not going to be hugely different based on how much food and drink you consume unless you're actually managing to eat 10 pounds of food and water. If you are doing that, consider entering one of those thousand dollar prize eating competitions to pay for a personal trainer ;)
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I weigh in the morning when I am my lightest. A trip to the loo and strip down and jump on the scale.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Are you in a competition? If not, there's no reason to worry about what you're doing the day you weigh yourself.
  • I agree with, Kortney.

Plus just making sure it's the same time each week/month is great too ^^
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    I weigh in the morning when I am my lightest. A trip to the loo and strip down and jump on the scale.

I do the same...however, I've noticed something strange in the last month or so. I usually weigh-in before I go to the gym (6:15 am). If I weigh on a day that I don't go to the gym and sleep in I'll weigh in around 7:15 am...same routine. Not sure why but that one hour difference has a significant impact on what the scale reads, often 4-5 lbs. Can anyone explain this? (sorry not trying to hijack your thread)
  • Yes I am in a competition. I don't plan on starving or dehydrating myself that wasn't what my question was lol... I simply just wanted to know if for a 5:30 pm weigh in I should stop drinking lots of water around my lunch time which is around 1pm. Thinking that will keep me safe :)
  • dominoid747
    dominoid747 Posts: 33 Member
    I simply just wanted to know if for a 5:30 pm weigh in I should stop drinking lots of water around my lunch time which is around 1pm.

No
  • I always weigh in the morning after a restroom break.