Most Important NSV....

Options
im a mother of two young girls, 5 and 8...and they are a huge reason why i changed my lifestyle and made taking care of myself a priority...

today, when i tell them to go outside they have strapped on their tennis shoes and told me they are going running...

so they go and run the street in front of our house, its a hill that leads up to a dead-end...

this has to be my greatest NSV ever, that my kids want to get out and get in some real exercise without feeling like its a chore or that they dont want to do it...

teaching my kids to be healthy and active is probably the greatest gift that i can give them...

to all the mothers out there, let this be your motivation to keep going and never quit, your kids are always watching!

ps. im sitting at my front door watching them run...so they are perfectly safe... :)

Replies

• wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    !!!
  • shaxnax
    shaxnax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE NSV!!! Congratulations to you and your girls! I can never understand why kids want to stay in the house when there is so much to explore outside.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Super job as both an individual and as a mom!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    im a mother of two young girls, 5 and 8...and they are a huge reason why i changed my lifestyle and made taking care of myself a priority...

today, when i tell them to go outside they have strapped on their tennis shoes and told me they are going running...

so they go and run the street in front of our house, its a hill that leads up to a dead-end...

this has to be my greatest NSV ever, that my kids want to get out and get in some real exercise without feeling like its a chore or that they dont want to do it...

teaching my kids to be healthy and active is probably the greatest gift that i can give them...

to all the mothers out there, let this be your motivation to keep going and never quit, your kids are always watching!

ps. im sitting at my front door watching them run...so they are perfectly safe... :)

It's my hope that my 16 month old daughter, the inspiration for my life change, will want to do this as well.
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is just....awesome. Brought a tear to this mother's eye. Congratulations!
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    thankyou all...and almost an hour later they are still running up and down that hill...

the gift of health, wellness and a long life is probably the best gift that i can give my kids since ive struggled with my weight since i was in the 3rd grade...

makes my heart happy to know that by doing right by myself, im also doing right by them...
  • Angi_M
    Angi_M Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great work and great weight loss! I have been trying to reinforce this idea to my kids and it is difficult, good job, very inspiring!
  • gildakaufman
    gildakaufman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, My 2 year old is my motivation and I hope we can do the same someday.
  • klclifford7
    klclifford7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom yet, but it definitely plays on my mind.
    I loved seeing families running together when I ran my race back in September!

Great NSV
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!