Looking for tough love!!!

Options
Hi there. I'm not new to MFP, but I have recommitted for the new year. I have embarked on a plant based diet and am looking to give/get real support. I'm not looking for roses and ponies everyday, I want ppl to really hold me accountable and I'll do the same. Anyone out there interested in tough love?!?

Fellow plant based eaters, runners and cyclists welcome!

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow runner :smile:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Tough love, eh? I think you may be looking for an S&M forum...

Joking aside, my wife and I set out on a plant-heavy, though not vegetarian, diet nearly two months ago and we feel great for it. Prior to that I had been reducing what I ate, but to continue reaching my goals I needed to improve the quality of my diet, as well as reduce quantity.

It's been quite the life changer. The low-calorie density vegetable diet keeps you properly and comfortably full, instead of the bloating and heaviness that passes for fullness on a meat based diet. The increase in general nutrition per calorie consumed is also great, and leaves me full of energy all day.

I've also started running again - doing the couch to 5k program to get me back in shape - and perhaps will start cycling if I reach my running goals. It would be nice to join the ranks of the athletes that run past my front door ever summer in the local triathlon, even if I'm trailing the pack...

So yeah, feel free to add me and we can kick each other back on to the wagon if necessary.
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner and a cyclist! not a plant-based eater but if you don't mind that feel free to add me :) I log in daily and try to provide support where I can!
  • morgieb07
    morgieb07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    can i ask what a plant based eater is
  • coreymo
    coreymo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a primarily plant based runner as well...feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Lily26Wal
    Options
    vegetarian and runner!!! feel free to add me
  • scarlettph
    Options
    Vegan here, not a pro runner but training for a 5k :) also need a kick now and again so anyone who wants mutual tough love give me an add ;) x