18 year old newbie :)

matihutley
matihutley Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I figured it would be nice to have some friends to talk to on here and to share the weightloss experience with. I'm 18, a serial yo-yo dieter of the past 4-5 years and am about to take my A levels. If everything goes as predicted I should be going to Leeds Uni next year to study English Literature & Language. Pretty much same old story why I'm on here. There are so many people who want to lose a few extra kgs and summer is coming!! I'm hoping for something resembling a beachbod if everything goes to plan!
Hopefully speak to some of you soon!

Replies

• welcome to the site chica :) always welcome :)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    The simple act of recording your food and realizing how bad so many things we normally eat are for us, will make a large difference in your struggle. Add some exercise and you will realize your goal in no time, and through a much healthier, longer lasting method. I wish you the best.
  • I know! I'm really optimistic that this will work! Thanks so much for the support!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Do you have a heart rate monitor? If not, I highly recommend getting one. The calories burned given on this site tend to be lower than what I actually burn according to my monitor. And I don't eat the extra calories that I burn off.
  • Ohh thanks for the advice! No I don't have one as of yet but I'll be sure to ebay one! And is it okay not to eat the calories you burn off? Because I read some posts saying it puts you in starvation mode and that that lowers your metabolism. Because otherwise I won't eat the calories I burn.
This discussion has been closed.