I don't know if this is in the right place,

Options
... but I was wondering if anyone else has an issue of thinking to much.

If so, how do you combat it?

I ask, cause I can normally talk myself out of anything, good or not, including doing exercises and eating right. It seems kind of stupid, I know, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one.

Replies

• haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    It's actually quite simple to be honest, sometimes you just need to stop thinking and do it.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Paralysis by analysis?

Pick one routine, commit and just go for it....
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I do, but I'm a writer, it's my job.

Stop thinking and jump in. Just do it.
  • Spazbme
    Spazbme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you mean, I do it too. I feel it's procrastination in some sense which can be considered a translation of fear of failure. I have discovered in my older years that if I make fitness and eating more routine and consistent, I tend to put less thought into it and just DO it (or not eat it). This app on my phone is really helpful too if I'm faced with something that I want to eat, I look it up and sometimes the calorie count or lack of nutrients literally deters me from wanting it. Just play games with your psychi, Freud would be proud.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's that little voice in your head, I know. Just do it, the advice here is sound, get up, get moving and you will feel a million times better once it's done. We all have the same problem, that why MFP is so brilliant
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Listen to something else. Put on some music you love and just focus on that while you get on with whatever else needs doing. Makes everything easier, I find.
  • ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey! Here's why I love myfitnesspal... :happy:

Counting calories is so much easier! I absolutely hated doing this even though I knew that people who did this lost more weight. I kept a food journal...that was depressing. And last two days. Then I tried something else kind of like Weight Watchers and counting calories was just so difficult! Myfitnesspal keeps it real simple, which I love. I really only go on to log in how much I eat.

And you know...if exercising isn't your thing...or eating right is too tough... Well, here's my little secret. I'm not exercising or "eating right" at all. I'm simply counting my calories and that's my number one goal. I plug it into the system that I want to lose one pound a week. It gives me a number of calories I eat, sleep, and breathe by. I stick with it. I lose weight!

That's not to say I won't add exercise into my schedule and choose an apple over chips. Yeah, I'll work on those too. But I know what my big weakness is when it comes to losing weight: If there's too much I gotta do, I'm not gonna do it!

So I do one thing first. Counting calories because I love, love, LOVE math! :smooched:

Okay, this might be getting too long. Anyway, so start with one thing. Maybe it's just counting how much water you drink every day. Maybe it's how many steps you take. Doesn't matter what you start with, but you gotta start somewhere. Good luck! :wink:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    A bunch of mantras I've stuck to my bulletin board:

We're all capable of more than we think !

When you're tempted to quit, remember why you started !

Attitude is a choice !

Think positive & believe in yourself !

Stop thinking and get to doing ....... just do it !

Best of luck to you :drinker: