Fitbit vs bodybugg

Options
Hello
I can't decided on the fitbit or bodybugg if you have one or the other please tell me about it also if you have any other devices
thank you

Replies

• trishh143
    trishh143 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I worked at 24 Hour Fitness for like half a decade. I personally had the bodybugg. It has changed quite a bit since it first came out but I loved mine. A lot of my friends use the Nike Fuel Bands (my next purchase).
  • Heaven829
    Heaven829 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    thank you does the band stay in place or does it keep mkoving all over the place thats what i was worried about because i have sensitive skin and i dont need it moving all over
  • ains268
    ains268 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the fuel band. You can adjust the size to fit.
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    I have the body media which is a body bugg and I love it. I too have sensitive skin and I don't find the band or the device itself to be irritating. The band is adjustable so it won't move around.
  • pamperedbecky
    pamperedbecky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm online right now researching the exact same thing, so I was excited to see a recent post. I've been reading back through posts 6-12 months old. I now see that even BodyBugg will sync with MFP which I really like. It seems that BodyBugg is more accurate, but I don't like the idea of wearing it on my arm, especially in the summer. Hmmmm, can't wait to see more feedback!!!!

Do either of them also act as a heart rate monitor? I'd guess the BodyBugg has more of a chance of doing this. I have a HRM, but don't really want to wear that too. My HRM doesn't count calories burned.....
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a ki fit (uk version of body bugg/body media) and its fantastic, I've consciously upped my activity levels since I started wearing it, I had to buy the bigger strap size as the smaller one was making my arm sore as it was too tight (my arms are huge though, unless you're quite big the normal one will be fine), it definitely doesn't move around and after a few days you forget you have it on (although remember to remove it before showering!)

It doesn't measure heart rate at all, calories burned, steps taken, amount of moderate and vigorous activity and your sleep. Although I've found the sleep isn't really accurate and it tends to say I'm 'sleeping' when in fact I'm lying down. Once you sync it to MFP it logs your calories automatically on there so you can see exactly what deficit you have that day.

I'd definitely recommend it :)
  • Heaven829
    Options
    the fitbit syncs with mfp as well and ive been reading up on it for a while i think at the end of this month i will get something i just havent figured out what yet and im intrested to see what more people have to say!!!

i havent looked up the nike product i guess i have to look that one up as well
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Bodymediafit /Bodybugg/kifit is up posed to be 95% accurate and is worn all day for gener activity and exercise

Fitbit good for general activity and stepping exercise. Lots of people have fitbit and then put on HRM for exercise.
    Nike Fuelband is cool but not accurate.
    There is also the STRIIV (smart pedometer, play and the app).
    If you can wait there is the Bodymediafit Core 2 and Amiigo coming out. There is also the new Basis.

You can google the last three for info and search on here for the others for loads if comments on them.
  • Heaven829
    Options
    thank you :) i been looking it up for a few now i really want something
  • MVarghese418
    MVarghese418 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have had a body bugg but now I use a fitbit. I found the fitbit to be more discrete than the bodybugg. Plus the customer support for the fitbit is WAY better than the bodybugg. Either way, anything that gets you moving more is worthwhile.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have had a body bugg but now I use a fitbit. I found the fitbit to be more discrete than the bodybugg. Plus the customer support for the fitbit is WAY better than the bodybugg. Either way, anything that gets you moving more is worthwhile.

If you want motivation rather than accuracy- the STRIIV app is free and worth looking at. You can pair it with the Play to improve accuracy, or get the STRIIV smart pedometer which doesn't use the app. All are great for motivation if you like games.