eating healthy

Options
Started eating healthy again. Noticed things taste rather bland lately. What are some helpful tips some of you can give to make things taste better? Thanks.

Replies

• marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lots of seasoning and fresh herbs. I use garlic in everything! Find the flavors you like and keep a good supply on hand. I like to buy the Mrs. Dash blends.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Started eating healthy again. Noticed things taste rather bland lately. What are some helpful tips some of you can give to make things taste better? Thanks.

Use herbs and spices---makes all the difference. Think of the difference between tomatoes and gazpacho--the first one nice (if you like fresh tomatoes) the other is gastronomic delight in a bowl and about the same calories. Also, get the best herbs and spices you can buy--they aren't very expensive per use and the higher quality the spice, the better outcome in the dish. :smile:
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good replies so far, depends on your taste. Personally - I use a lot of hot sauce, pepper, garlic, yellow mustard and various herbs & spices.
  • missy204
    Options
    thanx for the tips =)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Fresh lemon and lime juice...yummy on veges (lemon on broccoli with dash salt n pepper), put them on protein too. I use chutney, pickles as well sometime. Olive pate. Usual salad dressings although when limes are cheap I prefer them.
  • missy204
    Options
    thanks for the great idea Kim I never thought of that =) def will give it a try!!