Arctic Zero Frozen Desserts

Options
OK, anyone who knows me IRL knows I am a *kitten* for ice cream. I'll do just about anything for it.

Anyone who's on my friends list knows that there's ice cream on my "evening snack" just about every day. Every. Day.

So today I'm perusing the frozen desserts at the grocery store, picked up a couple whole fruit sorbets (BOGO at the store with a "buy 2" coupon, SCORE!) and I see Arctic Zero Frozen Dessert "ONLY 150 CALORIES PER PINT!"

:noway: :noway: Wait...what?

Most of the low sugar, half fat or fat free ice creams are in the 120 calorie per 1/2 cup range (that's 480 per pint, for apples-to-apples). This Arctic Zero stuff is listed as Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Fat Free and lactose intolerant friendly. And it may also make you poop rainbows like a unicorn, but that has yet to be determined.

The only draw back I see to it is the cost. The store I was at had this for $4.59 per pint, which is almost as much as the "half gallon" of Breyer's. Ben and Jerry's and Haagen Daas, on either side of this stuff, the bastions of high-cost ice cream, are $3.99 per pint. So I didn't grab it. I'll do a little research for reviews and see if there's any coupons out there first.

So...any one had this stuff? Is it worth it? Is it any good? I don't mind rationing my ice cream to fit my calories, but if I can get a whole bunch of ice cream for the same calories....hmm....

EDIT: A link! A link for you to click! http://www.myarcticzero.com/

Replies

• Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I did a little poking around on the internet. Lots of people seem to love this stuff. However, there appears to be some debate about how accurate their calorie count really is. There is some evidence that it is SERIOUSLY underestimated.
  • spcr0428
    Options
    I adore, love, cherish and have to have it! The Today show said that there were 20-30% more calories in their ice cream; but found the same in Smart Ones and others. I read that manufactures have a 15% room to have calories be over or under w/o reporting. My favorite flavor is strawberry and 2nd is chocolate PB. The vanilla is very "maple" and less vanilla. Overall; it's worth the money!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    they are tasty, and I liked arctic zero because they also had protein in them. but the calorie counts are ridiculously off. they tested a whole bunch (as someone else mentioned) on the today show, and arctic zero was one of the WORST as far as being dishonest about their nutrition information ...... turned me off, and now I don't eat it at all.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a 1/2 cup of real ice cream.
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot. I will factor in from now on that the cal count is under-estimated. The only flavor I really like is the vanilla.