Wanna Try?!

Options
I was thinking, would anyone like to have a "pact" for trying to stay away from chocolate? Limit your self to just one piece each week? It will be hard, but hey, it should help!:)

Replies

• kimthomasandaimee
    kimthomasandaimee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes I'd like to join in!
    I might skip the one piece though as I don't think I'd be able to stop at one piece.
    I have gone six days so far with nothing chocolate, which for me is a LONG time.
    Usually ate chocolate at least three times a day xD
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I actually decided I needed to give up chocolate completely for a while because it has been triggering major binges for me since mid December, I'm on day 3 of no chocolate and I had binging thoughts the almost the whole day on the first day, day three today I finally feel back to normal. I'm going to avoid it until I feel a little safer mentally with being able to handle it, then add in sweet treats that aren't chocolate, then see about adding chocolate back in reasonable amounts after that, geez, I sound so pathetic. But I'm serious, major binges.
  • rvhorsburgh
    rvhorsburgh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    no way for me. If I focus on NOT eating something - its all I will think about. Great idea though - team building!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Chocolate isn't really a problem for me, but this will probably help some other people.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Not in a million years :laugh: I have 1-2 squares of good quality dark chocolate everyday- make room for it in my eating for the day.

Good luck though!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    ONe thing I've found, even 57lbs later, is that I am not giving up chocolate. Good luck!
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've read that eating cocoa powder (mixed in with your protein, porridge, cottage cheese etc) helps to stop cravings/binges as it contains magnesium and all the other things that chocolate contains.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I was off chocolate for many months at a time, and it wasn't too hard to stay away, even though I used to need that square of the dark stuff every day.

What I started doing now is add a teaspoon unsweetened chocolate powder to my morning smoothie or nut butter and banana sandwich on wholegrain rye. It makes for a pretty decadent start to the day, with very few extra calories.

But then I'm the sort of freak who can eat unsweetened baking chocolate or raw cacao beans and think she's getting a major treat :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    No!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    There ought to be a law against such pacts :laugh:

On the other hand, mortal sacrifice is best made with supportive peers.

All the best.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Nope, I eat ice cream every night and it usually has chocolate in it. No reason to cut it out of your life.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Not really, there are cookies in the kitchen. Chocolate isn't a bad thing and if I try to restrict it, I'll just want it more and that just sets me up for failure.

ETA: What exactly is it supposed to help anyway?

ETA, part 2: I just glanced at your diary and it seems for several days you usually have 300-400 cals left a day, if I were you, I'd eat MOAR chocolate. LOL :drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is actually recommended to be included in your diet. It has natural caffeine, sedatives, antioxidants and can actually help control blood pressure.

And either way - if I can be within my calorie goals and eat in moderation - I am not going to cut it out..lol.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    how 'bout this challenge:

The 90/10 Challenge.

Every day, make 90% of your food good, clean, healthy whole foods and then 10% of whatever you want. If that's chocolate, then go nuts! as long as the junk is 10% or less you're good to go!

it's not about depriving yourself of things you enjoy, but fixing everything else AROUND those things! :)
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

The 90/10 Challenge.

Every day, make 90% of your food good, clean, healthy whole foods and then 10% of whatever you want. If that's chocolate, then go nuts! as long as the junk is 10% or less you're good to go!

it's not about depriving yourself of things you enjoy, but fixing everything else AROUND those things! :)

But I thought if you want to be elite you can't eat stuff like that?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

The 90/10 Challenge.

lmao.

I say just make yourself accountable for what you eat. If certain foods trigger overeating - then limit/get rid of those. Find what works for you. Some people are able to mix more than 10% of junk food into their diets and be successful while others are unable to eat "clean" due to their budgets.

The key is working with what you got and learning portion control and what works with you - your body, your mentality, your schedule, etc.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Okay haven't had chocolate since 2011.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

The 90/10 Challenge.

hmm... interesting point... OP, are you looking to be elite? Or are you looking to get in better shape and enjoy your life while cutting down a bit on the bad stuff?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

The 90/10 Challenge.

hmm... interesting point... OP, are you looking to be elite? Or are you looking to get in better shape and enjoy your life while cutting down a bit on the bad stuff?

I curious whether YOU are looking to be elite.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

The 90/10 Challenge.

is your 90%/10% split based on science?

if so, do you have supporting documents for it?

or did you just make up those numbers?