not losing

Options
Hi i have been doing this for about 3 weeks only lost 2 pounds the first week and now i havnt lost anything. i know im eating better because im keeping track of it and i feel it and i been doing more walking and stuff but still at the same weight? i dont know what im doing wrong

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm. Maybe you need to kick up your cardio?
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    maybe up your calories ... .... its a guessing game ... good luck
  • Diaz07fam
    Diaz07fam Posts: 43
    Options
    up them?
  • surlydave
    Options
    True. Eating too little can have a effect.
  • surlydave
    Options
    Whoops, that was supposed to say bad effect.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    how many calories are you eating ????
  • Diaz07fam
    Options
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    are you eating some or all of your exercise calories ??..
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I think we will need more information to help you. Whats your height and weight? What is your goal? How many calories are you eating daily? What is your exact exercise routine? Is your diary public?
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Sounds like they are on the right track to help you,quick questions are you drinking at least 80 oz. of water daily,and what is your work out routine?
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    kick up the cardio
  • nicolel18
    nicolel18 Posts: 17
    Options
    Depending on your size eating 1200 calories a day will help you lose about 2 pounds per week....like I said, it all depends on your weight so you can actually lose more. Also, from what I have read the majority of people that keep track of their calories either consumed or burned will tend to under estimate the calories they have eaten and will over estimate the calories they have burned.

If you are burning 500 calories by exercising then I would say you can actually eat 1700 calories. I currently am sticking to 1200 calories and it has been working for me. I tend to give myself a little cushion so if I burn 500 calories I will eat no more than 1600 just in case things are not exact. This has been working for me. There were a few times when I ate way too little calories and ended up gaining a pound because my body must of went into starvation mode.

Try doing more cardio and sticking to 1200 calories and see how that works.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    you stated you've only been at it for 3 weeks... just have patience and make sure you are eating right (and enough!) and exercising. I wouldn't get worried if its only been a week or two...or three and you haven't seen a loss. Hang in there!
  • Diaz07fam
    Options
    okay im 5'8" right now i weight 276, i eat most of my calories and only once went over and that was just from drinks.. i dont know how to make my diary public? my exercise is walking about a mile a day and cleaning alot. my goal is 175 i have a bigger body frame u can see in my pictures my body is pretty even.
  • MadHatR5
    MadHatR5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm male, 6'3", 268 lbs trying to loose 2 lbs a week..

MyFitnessPal calculated my requirements to be 1730 calories a day.

You might want to try recalculating your calorie requirements.
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Try eating more protein and less carbs...sometimes I have to do that to kick start my body back in gear. Good luck :wink:
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    okay im 5'8" right now i weight 276, i eat most of my calories and only once went over and that was just from drinks.. i dont know how to make my diary public? my exercise is walking about a mile a day and cleaning alot. my goal is 175 i have a bigger body frame u can see in my pictures my body is pretty even.

I was not far off your weight when I started and I was losing on 1800 calories a day. So I would suggest reducing your calories by 100 for a week and see if that makes a difference. If it doesnt then try 200 calories the following week. I'd not go any lower than 1600 though, and I would add roughly half to three quarters of your exercise calories.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can make your diary public if you want to by going to home. settings. diary settings. Be warned some people say that people make comments about what they eat. I havn't gotten anything but support so it is up to you.
    What else are you tracking? Make sure that your sodium isn't too high, that can keep you bloated. I would say give it a little more time, maybe up the cardio, and if you make your diary public I would be happy to check it out :D Feel free to friend me if you want to!
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    I know you have the girls to tend to,but you need to get up a little bit earlier than them and get you a good 30 minute high intensity work out at least 5 or 6 days a week,either follow an aerobic dvd or go jogging. 40 seconds jog 40 seconds walk until you get at least 30 minutes.I promise you this is a two part deal,you have to have a good diet and you have to work out and put your body through more than it ever has in the past,when you have done the same routine for say 3 weeks change it to something different.

Hard work outs HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is the key.

and drink lots and lots of water.

Your lucky,you're young it will fall off of you.
  • Diaz07fam
    Options
    okay i re-did my goals and stuff and its still the same, i made my diary public. what kind of cardio can i do when i have 2 little ones all the time... :-/