Losing weight with a health problem

Options
Hi everyone one i have about 93lbs to lose and have fybromyalgia and m.e and am struggling to find what excercises I can do that dont exhaust me.Also looking for some motivational friends xx

Replies

• bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    youtube has exercises that u can do sitting down on a chair but still cardio and tone
  • stephmsj
    stephmsj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    great will have a look there x
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 90% diet. Be extremely conscious of your food choices, weigh and measure everything and eat within your budget. Exercise is great to improve fitness but it isn't a huge advantage for weight loss.
  • ladybowe
    Options
    I have Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hips and shoulders. This makes it extremely painful for me to exercise. I have found that I need to really focus and push myself through to get it done and over with and reward myself for doing it even though I hate it. I reward myself with a special forbidden food if I have enough calories left or with a hot bubble bath. I use the elliptical trainer, I don't feel that its too intense, you can go at your own pace...slow down when you need to and it burns more calories per minute than a lot of other options. You also have to build up a tolerance and will be able to do more as time goes on. One of my best friends has FM so I know your pain and fatigue. Just remember that you can only do so much, then adjust your diet around how much you can exercise.
  • dominoid747
    dominoid747 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It might be one for your doctor to answer as I would have thought with a chronic condition it could vary from person to person, but weight training springs to mind as it doesn't work your cardiovascular system too much but it does burn a lot of fat. You can do it sat watching TV too so you have your home comforts if you need to take a break