No nighttime snacking challenge - 2 weeks

Options
Hey - would anyone be interested in this? I know that there isn't inherently wrong with eating after dinner as long as you're under your limit....but at least in my case, I still slip and do it, especially on the weekends.

So I'm thinking check in every night or morning and report back how you did, and what you did to stay on track if you were craving.

Let me know if anyone's up for a challenge!!

Replies

• kissmisskate
    kissmisskate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would definitely be in! This is my downfall. I've tried "closing" the kitchen after 9pm but I still end up working my way in there. Feel free to add me for support!
  • mom22nteaching
    mom22nteaching Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am soooo in..I know if I stopped eating after dinner I would start losing
  • gem5639
    gem5639 Posts: 90
    Options
    Just for info - you are more likely to put weight on if you go to sleep hungry. So you are better to snack on something high protein/healthy before sleeping rather than feel hungry.. It's been medically researched & proven.. I was shocked but its apparently true...
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    I am so up for the challenge. Thanks for starting this!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Count me in please. This is the area I need help in.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would follow in. Right now I am going to bed around 10 so I want to try to stop eating and drinking after 7.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    35o1nn.jpg
  • mcdonaldeg1
    mcdonaldeg1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes! I'm in. 2 weeks starting tonight
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    YES!!! This is my number one obstacle in weight loss.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am out. As a matter of fact, in protest of your NO NIGHTIME SNACKING CHALLENGE, I will eat in bed. Just as I am about to fall asleep. LOL
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, it will keep me out of my daughters Christmas chocolate stash, that she leaves around to taunt me with...
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    ummm.. is there a time limit or is this strictly after dinner?
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i cant join this. i have type 2 diabetes. if i go to bed without something in me, my blood sugar will get low and i feel horrible and super hungry in the middle of the night and into the morning. but im willing to go into it making healthier night time snack choices? i do have a tenancy to go overboard with eating at night cause of that. i challenge myself to drinking milk or something healthier:)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, it will keep me out of my daughters Christmas chocolate stash, that she leaves around to taunt me with...

That isn't right that she leaves it out to taunt you. Pack it all up and mail it to my house. I will take care of it.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I usually try to plan a small snack, because I tried this kind of thing once, that "don't eat after (x)pm," thing, and I couldn't sleep. I already suffer from insomnia and weird sleep patterns, so I decided not to worry about this.

Enjoy the challenge, hope it works for some of you!
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options

That isn't right that she leaves it out to taunt you. Pack it all up and mail it to my house. I will take care of it.

I'd be happy to have it gone but it'd be a bit expensive to ship it transatlantic.
  • kristaleighwhite
    kristaleighwhite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'd be in for this - not to eliminate the after-dinner snack, but say, to eliminate snacking too close to bedtime (maybe an hour). I've found that if I eat too close to going to bed, my sugar dips, causing me to wake up in the middle of the night. Like most people, sleep is very precious to me, so I'd love to have some support in killing this habit.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!! Please count me in....this is the one really bad habit I haven't totally managed to eliminate while I've been doing 'Insanity'. Now I am into my last two weeks and really want to focus, this might provide me with exactly the impetus I need.

Agree with Kristal though about just not snacking too close to bedtime, I have issues with acid reflux and I am not helping by eating foods so close to bedtime so frequently wake up in the middle of the night not feeling great. Or alternatively to make whatever snack we do have a lot more healthy. I think a general clean up of night time snacking, however we do it, would be very useful!

Come on guys, we can TOTALLY do this, and who knows after a fortnight's time we'll be like, 'nighttime snacking? Why would we do *that*?"