eating good is hard!

Options
i keep thinking about what i'm eating and how i coulda left this or that out for it to be better. For example: today for lunch i'm eating tuna and salad. well i only had a lil salad left. I mixed a lil ranch with the tuna. then i dumped it all on my salad and added an egg. then i added the cheese. i love cheese! and of course i scooped up the tuna with ritz crackers. i think well i coulda done without the cheese and ritz crackers.. but thats what makes it extra yummy! i then feel kinda bad but not really cause this stuff is so good. I read where other people are like i went and ate at a restraunt and i got this but without that and that and that. but those are the best parts! why even eat out if your getting only a bit of the meal? i guess what i'm trying to say is how do you guys eat without leaving out good parts? i'm guessing choose the low fat and alternatives. i guess i'm really just talking to myself here cause i'm aggravated and don't want to leave things out of my food when its not the same without...

Replies

• BeautyNBriefcase
    BeautyNBriefcase Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    HoneyStarr don't get aggravated. IT WILL GET EASIER! Eggs, cheese and ritz crackers are good but 1st, use the portion suggestion. for the egg, remove the yoke (calorie saver). Cheese use low sodium so you don't retain water, and crackers ... there are so many options out there. wheat thins are a great alternative.

As for tuna salad, try this recipe. Can of tuna, can of garbanzo beans (drained & rinsed), red onion, fresh parsley and TBSP balsamic & olive oil (salt& pepper). This should make 2 servings and place over spinach salad. healthy and calorie conscious.
  • angelenar
    Options
    You can have those things. Really. The big key is moderation. If I deny myself the stuff I enjoy I obsess over it. I want it, BAD. If you think you're gnna over do it, walk for an extra 15 minutes. If you want ice cream (my weakness), just get half a scoop so that you kill the craving. Don't get three oversized scoops. As far as eating out, take home boxes are there for a reason. Hope this helps.
  • honeystarr
    honeystarr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you. yea i guess i just had a moment. you see people eating salad with nothing with it and no sweets and everything is sugerless and no fat and sometimes you just want that brownie although it has 600 calories. i guess when i think i stray i should just walk it off or put in my fave cardio dvd. oh and that recipe for tuna sounds good. thank you!