Time to protect what is important

Options
It's time to protect what we say is important and what we ultimately want from life I dont protect the goals that I say I want to achieve. I allow excuses and comfort to be more important than health and fitness and reaching my goals. Would you allow anyone else to take away your treasures, break into your bank account, or hurt your children? No you wouldnt so why cant I see that my goals are as precious as those others are? Why do I allow myself to sabotage and take away from what I really want in life. I cant continue to look at the short term and not value the long term. I like to think about the future and what I want, but I dont protect the process of getting there. I've got to start thinking is this food,binge, being comatose on the couch, or eating that extra portion worth more than my goals and a lifetime of fitness?

Replies

• losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree with you and I like the way you put it. Good for me to keep it in my mind too.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Because you are protecting those other things from "outside" harms and your goals are a battle with your own mind....this is how it is for me. My brain wants to sabotage me at every turn...every step....and then take credit for the success when I battle through those thoughts of quitting.