Lost 8 lbs & 14 inches since last month.....

Options
I lost 8 lbs and 14 inches since last month and I can not see a difference in me one bit :(
I honestly look exactly the same now as I did 4 weeks ago....I haven't taken pictures as I don't own a camera or cellular phone but I stand naked in front of a full-length mirror once a month and take my measurements.

Is it possible to lose inches and still look the same??

Mid December .weight 177 lbs
Mid January weight 169 lbs

December body measurements bust- 39
waist 31
stomach 43
hips 44
thighs both 26
arms both 14

Today's measurements bust 37
waist 29
stomach 40
hips 42.5
thighs- both 24
arms- both 13

Replies

• auntiecyndy
    auntiecyndy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think this is a perception problem. I can lose 40lbs and not see the difference at all. My niece has lost 100lbs and asked me the other day "can you see a difference?" Really. Do your clothes feel looser? Has anyone, who knows you, commented on your weight lose? Start taking pictures too. This will help. I'm sure their is a difference. Good luck.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You lost 2 inches off your waist, three off your stomach...etc. etc. etc....That's progress...those are pretty drastic improvements.
  • starryfruit
    Options
    Thank you both for answering...I think I will start taking regular pictures now.
  • ckgia
    ckgia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really awesome. You have done an amazing job of measuring and weighing in. I have not been doing this. Great job!
    :smile:
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Nice work . Keep it up...

You'll probably notice it in your face first , And the way your Cloths feels on you .... Friends and Family will notice you've lost weight.... Right away .
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I took a long, long time to notice looking in the mirror when I lost weight - went by the looseness of my clothes and getting a personal trainer to do my measurements to gauge my results.

I definitely notice it in my face when I lose weight - my cheekbones pop out quite quickly, and I lose my double chin, which makes my neck look longer.

I wish I had taken more photos on my weightloss journey - only really took befores and afters, but now that I have gained again, I can do it this time around!