What exercise machine should I get for my small house?

Options
Any suggestions would be welcome I am after fat burning first then toning. I can only fit one machine in my house and can't decide which type would be best for what I want. Rowing machine.....Cross trainer......

Replies

• Izabera
    Izabera Posts: 28
    Options
    Cross trainer all the way- I bought mine last june , i was so fed up of being self conscious and out of condition i ordered one the very same day i got home.

Cross trainers are the best full body workout if used correctly , i use mine for resistence workouts as well 10 minute 10/10 high intensive sprint sessions.

Good luck
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    squat rack or several kettlebells. you dont need machines to do cardio and weights will be far more helpful in terms of body recomposition
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Why not do both? Get a squat rack and an adjustable bench. Lift Heavy!!
  • rozzay28
    Options
    One of the Pilates gyms. My mum has one and its great for strength and cardio. It folds up nice and compact and she just slides it under her bed. Best investment ever.
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    Weights & squat rack if you only have room for one thing. You can always walk/run outdoors.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Running shoes?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Weights & squat rack if you only have room for one thing. You can always walk/run outdoors.

this
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    I live in a 720 sq ft one bedroom apt...and I have a treadmill proform fold up machine in bedroom and a nordic track recumbent bike in my living room... I still have space for queen size bed a full size sofa to exercise chairs an entertainment center and dressers.... it's my place so if I need the workout equipment in it it's going to be fit :) I also have an Xbox 360... there lots of exercises you can do on there and it takes up no space :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Power Cage and Bench and a pair of running shoes to use that great big outdoor treadmill.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    you can get exercise videos pretty cheap. If you look at Collage or Amazon they'll give you descriptions and reviews. You can pick strength, cardio, flexibility, or combos.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    So you are 60 and you live in New Zealand. I would suggest an exercise machine that can age with you.

Walking is an ideal exercise, and my treadmill is a godsend in the winter when the ice outside would be a real hazard for broken bones. But if it is nice and clement year round where you are, then walking outside is soooo much better.

A program-able magnetic exercycle would be my next suggestion. It is gentle, and keeps the muscles around the knees conditioned, preventing other problems. It is also quiet, so you can watch TV while you work out. Boredom is the biggest risk of this machine.

Consider who is going to be using the machine. There is the level of the older lady (speaking for myself), but if her 20 year old son lives with her, then an upgraded machine would be needed. Buy good quality machines.

The rest would depend upon your fitness level, and what you can tackle comfortably right now. I would recommend taking some tai chi classes, as you don't need equipment for these.
  • RobynMcGregor
    Options
    Thanks for these suggestions.