I want to see the body under the skin! Losing Hope.

Options
I'm sure that tons of people have asked this question before, but here I am to ask for myself! I've lost 65 lbs, and I have a lot of loose skin on my stomach. I know that it's actually lose skin based on how thin and wrinkly it is. If I lay on my back, and lightly touch my fingers to my belly, I actually leave little dents. It's disconcerting to say the least, and it's really killing my confidence and motivation to keep going. I'm 26, so from what I've read, there's a possibility that it might tighten up, in a couple of years, maybe, if I'm lucky. Any advice from people who have lost large and dealt with this?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I'm sorry you feel down, but look at it this way; you are healthier and that's the most important thing.

I can't say whether your skin will change over time, but I'm certain your feelings about it will.

Be proud. You are beautiful and successful!
  • xelalarenee
    Options
    Thank you sleepytexan. I feel healthier, lighter, energized...then I see my body in a mirror and think, "Who is THAT chick, I've got to look better than that!" You're right though, it's not about perceived 'hotness', it's about being healthier, feeling better. BTW, you're gorgeous.
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Skin loses it's elasticity over time being heavy. So while it may "tighten up" a bit, there's always the option of a tummy-tuck cosmetic surgery once you reach and can maintain a healthy goal. Don't let something like that impact your confidence. It's better than having a stomach stretched drum-tight after overeating!
  • xelalarenee
    Options
    I've been considering the tummy tuck route. As you said though, I'll want to wait until I hit my goal, and know that I can maintain it. Unfortunately, I also have a semi-irrational fear of surgery. I will have to weigh the benefits vs risks. I was hoping there was something I could do now, to help regain any of my natural remaining skin elasticity. I should know by now that there's never a magic pill or potion for this kind of stuff!