No equipment at home indoor exercises?

Options
What are some good exercises i can do at home indoors without any equipment? thanks :)

Replies

• sdumma
    sdumma Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Get a yoga dvd! Or any cardio dvd and buy 2 5lb weights and your set
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Get a kettlebell. You can get an excellent workout just using that.
  • figurski
    Options
    Walk in lace. Flight of stairs. Jump rope....good luck.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    any dvd.... 30 day shred.... p90x..... if you have no weights at all use soup cans or full water bottles. just whatever works!
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Check out You Are Your Own Gym (book, app, website).
    It's all bodyweight strength training. The only equipment used is stuff found around the house.

There are also lots of great youtube channels with yoga and cardio exercises.
    Bodyrock.tv is INTENSE, but some of their workouts don't use equipment.
  • gtreyger
    Options
    Go to youtube and search for indoor exercises without equipment. It's free, and just as good as anything else! :-) Good luck!
  • bunks1003
    Options
    I love to dance around like there is no tomorrow. Sometimes putting on some feel good music and let loose...once your done...you didn't realize you just did an awesome workout.
  • kumade8
    kumade8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go to bodyrock.tv they have a lot of exercises
  • suez1123
    Options
    Squats, lunges, wall sits, push ups, crunches, burpees, mountain climbers.
  • kathleenmary73
    kathleenmary73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you have internet, you can go to you tube and choose one of their workouts--they have a variety of them for all fitness levels. It doesn't matter what you have at home or don't have you can always walk and if you're snowed in you can do a variety of different things inside to get your workout done. Challenge yourself--when you're sweating and breathing heavy you know you're working hard enough. If you're fitness level allows do some cross training--run or walk in place for a period of time then do some squats, then back to the run or walk, then drop and do some push ups, back to the walk or run, then so some jumping jacks You can also alternate high intensity with weight training. The most important thing is to get some movement in and be sure you challenge yourself.
  • justme6060
    Options
    Leslie Sansone, walk at home has a site where u can do her exercises, free and u do work up a sweat
  • kellyraesmik
    kellyraesmik Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use bodyrock.tv but I make up my own workouts too based off the bodyrock style using different exercises I find on the web. Using an interval timer I do 50 seconds work, 10 seconds rest, repeat for 8-20 rounds and sometimes repeat those. It's a hardcore workout and no equipment is needed. Sometimes I use a chair for tricep dips or step ups - or I also use anything heavy around my house as a weight if I want to add a little intensity.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Tae bo, pilates, any stepless aerobics, dance.
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Squats, jogging in place, step ups on chair, jump jacks, reach with lunge, knee high march, woodchopper is a great one,
    Touch toes/reach for sky, sit ups, crunches, lunges, butt kicks, horse kicks, leg lifts.... I'm sure the list goes on!

I do mostly these for cardio... or just walking around dining/living room or in yard... we have total gym and wii fit,
    Also I have weights, u can use water bottles or canned food for hand weights...

I believe there are many options! But no good excuses! Music helps energy to stay high...

Good luck!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Check out You Are Your Own Gym (book, app, website).
    It's all bodyweight strength training. The only equipment used is stuff found around the house.

that
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    www.nerdfitness.com - discovered it on this site, it has two at-home workouts under the "Free workouts" tab - and if you have a playground nearby, there's the playground workout as well.
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    youtube is a great place to find lots of different types of work outs for free and without equipment!

I love fitnessblender they have some great routines that target different areas and its all talked through and easy to follow, from 8 minutes long to 45 minutes and loads that don't require equipment!

Go here and take a look: http://www.youtube.com/user/fitnessblender
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Walk in lace.

'Cause then you might have to run!

Your computer/ DVD player/ game console is your best gym. You get the company of a voice and you can do any kind of exercise that you can think of. There are lots of options for body weight exercises, and you can add resistance tubing if you want strength training. Resistance tubing and a balance are much easier to move out of the way if you are exercising in your living room than weights and a bench.