Lots of talk

Options
So I was always lots of talk and no walk. Then I went for my yearly check up and the news was not good. I have steadily grown into who I am today, I'd say on average around 35 pounds a year. I had some of my close friends asking if there was something wrong or if I was under stress. Well there was something wrong and there is only so much the doctors can take care of, so after removing two benign lumps near my brain I was shaken and stirred. Not that my weight has much to do with this but my overall health does. I struggled for the next months with depression and taking different very powerful medication that really did not improve my well being but did help with earlier surgeries. The past 4 months I have gone through one of the most impressive and life altering changes as I joined a men's group and learned things about myself that I thought were long buried. So here I am at the keyboard writing an introduction. I am alive and I am happy to be here. My name is Al which is short for Aldert. I was 407 pounds and have started logging my intake - which in itself is helping. I made it my resolution to become healthy and active and have given myself 24 months to get there. Today I weighed in at 395.6 which is about 5 pounds per week so far. I do have a slight hypertension (135-90 on average) and with the pills it is around 110-75. I am 6'5" and live in Guelph, Ontario. I do blog frequently - at least once a week. So there - glad to be here!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Al! You've obviously already made lots of changes. Just remember it will take time. You can do it!
  • MaxsMomTN
    MaxsMomTN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome Al! You've taken the first steps on your journey to a healthier you, congratulations! Its wonderful you have a family to support you, and you'll find lots of friends here as well. Keep up the good work, have faith in yourself and you'll meet your goals!
  • 4tammyd
    Options
    Good to have you he're....it'll take time but you'll get there.
  • me1269
    me1269 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love your story and I would like to be part of the your journey. Please add me as a friend.
  • LJK0904
    LJK0904 Posts: 13
    Options
    Add me as a friend Al.
  • aelaan12
    Options
    Yes I am still on my program - I am happy to report that I am now down to 305 pounds (weigh in this morning) and that it has not been all that easy. I am exercising every day and compliment that by going for a nice walk at lunch where I can. My intake has been very low as I am on a medical program. It is however very effective for me and my goal is becoming real. A lot has happened since I started the journey, I had a nasty car accident, I was hospitalized for one night and I have fainted twice. I have done a stress test and will speak with the cardiologist on Monday (getting a little anxious for that). Exercising in the gym is currently my new thing since it is getting winter in Canada and being indoors allows me to socialize as well.