In need of some help!

Options
Been on diets before and had success but having a hard time getting started again. I am 22yrs 5ft 6in and 152lbs. i joined the lose 20 by st patricks day but am struggling big time. I would like to lose 20 lbs by my birthday (april 18th) for sure. I have a full time desk job so i dont get much exercise during the day. I also work 2-3 nights a week waitressing so its hard to get to the gym on those days because i am working 7am-10:30pm. (usually waitress tues, thurs, fri) Been super depressed and ready to give up-

I am the type of person that needs someone to tell me how many calories to eat and how much to exercise. I have a gym membership at anytime fitness, a treadmill at home, and i am not afraid of cardio or lifting. I guess im looking to see what other people of the same body size, age, and activity level have had luck with. or even someone to say "hey you- burn this many calories, this many days, and only eat xxxxx amount of calories."

Any type of exercise routines would be appreciated- like i said tho tues, thurs, and fridays don't work very well.

Any help is appreciated!!! THANK YOU!

Replies

• kathleenmary73
    kathleenmary73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No need for a beautiful you woman like yourself to be depressed and hopeless. There is only one rule to weight loss--eat less move more. Find out what your BMR is, how many calories you need in a day just to do nothing and subtract 500 calories a day to lose one pound a week. There is a lot of success with six small meals a day rather than 3 square--lets say you need 2000 calories a day drop it down to 1500 and you should lose a pound a week. piece of cake right, you'll be sleek and skinny by your birthday girl. Then if you can get yourself to moving a little that will burn even more calories, especially if you are working hard with an aerobic heart rate. If I were you I would find out how many calories you need, deduct 500 a day and add at least 5 days of walking on your treadmill for 30 minutes a pop. That will get you to losing you 20 pounds. Now all you have left to work on is your outlook--believe in yourself--you can't be successful if your depressed and feeling down and funky. See your strengths and focus on them. You can do this, honey!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You could exercise for 30 minutes during your lunch at your day job. Set your MFP lifestyle factor to "lightly active" and set your goal to lose 1 lb/week. Trust me on this. Eat all the calories it gives you each day. On evenings that you can, go to the gym and lift for an hour... Monday, Wednesday, Saturday. Then on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday go for a walk or run on your lunch at the day job. Log the exercise in MFP and eat back the calories you burn.

Eat about 120g protein each day... aim for at least 100g. Other than that, don't worry about carbs or fat as long as you also get within about 50-100 calories of your calorie target each day. Where possible, aim for high fiber foods to pair with your protein.

One pound a week might not seem like much, but you'll get enough calories to eat that you won't feel like you're dieting and you'll be able to just keep going. In 3 months you'll be down about 13-15 lbs and you'll be feeling awesome.

That's my advice FWIW...