Body wrap spa treatments

Options
Have any of you gone to the spa and had a body wrap to lose inches? I have a close friend that just had one done and she said she lost 2 inches off her waist in an hour. Sadly she lives across the country from me so I haven't seen her. I just don't see how they can work. And if they do work how long do the inches stay gone? Just trying to get some feedback from other people that have had them. Trying to see if it is worth spending the money.

Replies

• lomins
    lomins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't waste my money.

A nice spa treatment with a wrap for relaxation is heavenly!!!!!! Just don't count on losing any lbs
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    That was kind of my thoughts on the whole thing but she was so excited. I won't waste my money though. I will just keep doing what I am doing. It seems to be working.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that sells the body wraps and swears by them, but I'm not quite sold on them yet. I'm watching her and will make my decision after she's been doing them for about 6 months.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It's just water loss and compression, I think. It's probably great if you have to get into a certain ballgown for this evening. But it isn't actual *weight loss*.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    That was kind of my thoughts on the whole thing but she was so excited. I won't waste my money though. I will just keep doing what I am doing. It seems to be working.

Right on. The only way they can possibly have any results is by making you sweat and lose temporary water weight. There are way cheaper ways to sweat.

However, spa treatments are very relaxing and can be stress relieving. If you do it, do it to pamper yourself not for weight loss.
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used one once. I did lose inches... but it was just water so it lasted less than a week. I would recommend it if you have a big even and want to wear a more fitted dress or something, but it is not permanent.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the advice.
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I did it for a couple of months...mines was $20.00 for 20 minutes...the first time I lost like 18 inches all over. its good if you go and use the products. The place where I use to go has one of the clients actual run the business now...so I see her before and after pictures and she still does the wraps. I think it is up to the person.