Thoughts on 6 week 6 pack?

Options
I've been doing 30DS and tried to do one full circuit (1/2 level 1, about 18 minutes) of 6w6p today. I actually enjoyed it more than 30DS, but it's rough going through it when a few of the moves are so difficult for someone in relatively bad shape like me - mostly the plank-focused moves that also require a lot of arm and leg strength. I actually started laughing when I tried to do burpees with them! I think I did 3 in the span of time they did about 10. How long does it take to really be able to do these movies on pace with the video? I'm doing 30DS daily and hoping to throw in either half or all 35 mins of 6 week 6 pack a few times a week too. My arm strength is nowhere near ready to do all these plank moves despite my core being fairly toned!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    meh
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have to admit this DVD is tough but it's one of my favorites that's because it works. Try to do at least one of the exercises rather than keep up with her pace when u come across an exercise that is challenging. For the standing arm plank, I do sit ups because that one is the hardest for me, I figure at least I'm doing something. Keep it up the good work, if it we super easy, do you think it would produce results?
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have 6w6p and did level 1 once and it has many planks and variations of them. I am currently doing 30 day shred and finishing up level 2 which is planks. Tuesday, I will be moving on to level 3. I want to get the planks down in the shred before moving on to 6w6p.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    You get a six pack from sound nutrition along with calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AngelaBianco82
    AngelaBianco82 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was doing this workout but I like 30shred better. If you need to gradually get into shape try Body Revolution. It's a 90 day program but it's helps you to get to the next level. I started that in August and I couldnt hold a plank for 5 sec and now I can do all sorts of moves in plank. Some I have to go to my knees, but I'm proud of my physical strength.

I just didn't like 6w6p, because it focuses just on abs. I do feel it in my arms but it's not the same. Maybe if I did it with some of the other video's and mixed it up, I would feel like i'm working my whole body. That's just my opinion, but I love Jillian Micheals workout video's because they are intense and short which is great for me with limited time. I have lost 34 pounds with those video's and other cardio such as walking/jogging for 20 mins with the dog or going for long stroller walks with the baby.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i've recently reconsidered my thoughts on 6 week 6 pack. my new thoughts are as follows:

meh