Hello Everyone!!

Options
My name is Sonia and I am new to MFP. I would like to know how everyone feels about MFP; what are the pros and cons. My goal is to lose 15lbs., any tips will be greatly appreciated. Ciao!!

Replies

• lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello i'm new to the website too :) Good luck with your weight loss!
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey you can lose 15 in no time with MFP and some exercise.
    i dropped 11 pounds in a week from just sitting on a bike 4 times a week and burning 500 cals.
    good luck on your journey :)
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi Sonia, I started here about 3 weeks ago I think. I have read that other people tried other sites that were more complicated to use compared to this one. I like how easy recording food and exercise is. It's cool to meet so many other people who are all trying to achieve similar things. One con is that when you add your strength training, it doesn't allow you to put calories burned. We use a heart rate monitor so we know our calorie burns. You can add it under cardio, then choose strength training, but it would be nice if it was under strength. Another con is that it would be nice for my spouse to be able to copy my food entries, since we eat the same things, instead of us each having to look each thing up. But those are both minor cons for how great everything else is! Welcome! :happy:
  • kerrynev
    kerrynev Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP site. It is a great place for support and encouragement. You need to log every piece of food you put in your mouth, drink at lease 64 oz of water (80-100 is even better) and get up and move. You will lose the 15 pounds very easy. Good luck in your weight loss journey. It is a great place to log in to if you are having a bad day. You need to go read the success postings and it will help you get through the bumps.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hey Sonia! I live in Northern VA so we're not too far away :) So far I LOVE MFP and I've been having great success with it. The main key is to exercise along with eating healthy. I just read an article about how difficult it is to lose weight with just a change in diet. Any excuse you can find to move around (clean the yard, chase after the kids, walk around the mall), is a step in the right direction! Feel free to add me as a friend for support, that's the best part about this site. It's easier to do this with friends than alone :)
  • msonia11
    msonia11 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you. Good luck to you as well. I am here for support when you need it.
  • msonia11
    msonia11 Posts: 38
    Options
    Wow!! 11 pounds in a week? That's amazing!! I have to watch my eating, that's my biggest problem.