Pregnant looking after I eat....

Options
2»

Replies

• alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You could have a separation between abdominal muscles. Go to google and type in Diastasis recti. It's normally found in women who have been pregnant, but it can happen to anyone.

Now that i think about it, can you feel the separation in your stomach muscles?
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    My true love is food. I don't mind if he knocks me up.
    He's cheating on you with me.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I gets the food baby all the time. I get it mostly whenever I have dairy :P
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You could have a separation between abdominal muscles. Go to google and type in Diastasis recti. It's normally found in women who have been pregnant, but it can happen to anyone.

Yes, you can. If you lay on your back, bend your knees... then slightly lift up your head, at that same time, take your fingers (1,2,3 etc, however many you may need) and push down right above your belly button. If you have it, you will feel the muscles grab onto your fingers like a clamp (so to speak). I have it, and I can fit 3 fingers in my gap.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If it happens when you're not eating an abnormally high volume of food, it might be a food intolerance. Does it seem to happen with any specific type of foods more than others? Like, dairy, gluten (though gluten would be hard to tell because it's in so many foods), certain vegetables?
  • alexbusnello
    Options

Yes, you can. If you lay on your back, bend your knees... then slightly lift up your head, at that same time, take your fingers (1,2,3 etc, however many you may need) and push down right above your belly button. If you have it, you will feel the muscles grab onto your fingers like a clamp (so to speak). I have it, and I can fit 3 fingers in my gap.

Oh boy.....That might be it... = / I'll test this out later and tell you if I feel it or not...

Does this mean I'm doomed to never have the tummy I want? = /
  • gappletree
    Options
    For me it depends a lot on what kinds of things I eat. If you eat a lot of bulky foods like raw produce, you're bound to get a bigger belly compared to if you eat the same amount of calories in nuts. Also, healthy foods can very well cause bloating. Cruciferous veggies or beans for instance. Just eat a good variety and don't worry about a little roundness, it's natural.
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    If it happens when you're not eating an abnormally high volume of food, it might be a food intolerance. Does it seem to happen with any specific type of foods more than others? Like, dairy, gluten (though gluten would be hard to tell because it's in so many foods), certain vegetables?

All veggies, sometimes bread and pasta, water, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, milk. but then again, it depends on the day.
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    There are some foods that produce more gas, such as broccoli or cabbage, which may cause you to become bloated. Perhaps Beano might help?
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    There are some foods that produce more gas, such as broccoli or cabbage, which may cause you to become bloated. Perhaps Beano might help?

I have been eating a lot of veggies and protein lately....and lots of water
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do would be to go to a doctor and get checked out for food intolerances.

The second best would be to eliminate one suspicious food at a time and try to figure out what things specifically are bothering you and cut those foods from your diet.
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    The best thing to do would be to go to a doctor and get checked out for food intolerances.

The second best would be to eliminate one suspicious food at a time and try to figure out what things specifically are bothering you and cut those foods from your diet.

One i wouldn't cut out is oatmeal. bread? Hmmmmm hard one... lol
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Oh boy.....That might be it... = / I'll test this out later and tell you if I feel it or not...

No, it doesn't mean you are doomed. There are specific exercises that can be done, or surgery. I looked at your pics, you have a different looking stomach than I do. Mine is on the upper part of my abdomen. I have also lost 100lbs, and have 2 children. I have 2 recent pics I took last week to show what my stomach looks like. I am 5ft & 120lbs looking like I'm 6 months pregnant....
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i get this.. and when i suck in my tummy i have a lil bump below my belly button.... i think its either u need more water.. or u gotta go potty lol...
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My true love is food. I don't mind if he knocks me up.
    He's cheating on you with me.

Me, Jim and Midwest are planning on a threesome one day....
  • alexbusnello
    Options

No, it doesn't mean you are doomed. There are specific exercises that can be done, or surgery. I looked at your pics, you have a different looking stomach than I do. Mine is on the upper part of my abdomen. I have also lost 100lbs, and have 2 children. I have 2 recent pics I took last week to show what my stomach looks like. I am 5ft & 120lbs looking like I'm 6 months pregnant....

Well I did the test and my abdominal muscles are normal. Normal sized gap. Phew!
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    i get this.. and when i suck in my tummy i have a lil bump below my belly button.... i think its either u need more water.. or u gotta go potty lol...

I drink a lot of water now so it's usually the potty haha
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I have a gluten intolerance and my tummy does this if I eat wheat.