what foods are great for breakfast?

Options
I normally do not eat breakfast but would love to start. What should I eat that is healthy? Any suggestions? Thanks Sarah

Replies

• SaraJanePOWER
    SaraJanePOWER Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters and Ezekiel bread. Steel cut oats and raisins. Yogurt and granola. I never used to eat breakfast unless it was a ROCKSTAR or a Frappacino. Now I fuel up with good things. You should too, its amazing what a good breakfast will make in your day. Best wishes
  • SMK683
    SMK683 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup dry old fashion oatmeal with cinnamon and cut up apple microwaved for 2 minutes. It smells like apple pie and you start the day with a fruit. No sugar is needed because the apple sweetens it.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    this is my breakfast everyday

NuTek Pro 5 Protein Shake 33g per scoop 145 cals (with casein)
    Pure Protein Power Bar 20g of protein 180 cals
    Chobani 0Fat Greek Yogurt 13g of protein 120 cals
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i eat things like multigrain cherios, ezekial bread, and oatmeal. they hold me over pretty well.
  • sarahfashion861
    sarahfashion861 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will try these :)!
  • Princ3ssj
    Princ3ssj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree with SMK, oatmeal with an apple is great. A very ripe banana works too.. smells and tastes similar to banana bread without all the sugar of course. Ive been adding flax seeds to my oatmeal or cold cereal, helps keep you full.

If youre pressed for time in the morning, I would suggest using eggs or egg beaters and putting them in a tupperware with some veggies the night before. Microwave it in the AM or its ready to go to work/school with you for you to cook there. Then you have no excuse ;)
    Munching a piece of fruit, especially an apple(good fiber) is super fast and can be done in transit.

Good luck! I think youll find great results in staying food, having energy and losing weight if you get into the habit of breakfast.
  • MiTime2016
    MiTime2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make a fritatta on Sunday's and have it for the week so I don't have a lot of prep in the morning before work. This week I did avocado and tomato.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    love Chobani pineapple. Their pear is really good too. It' s the only yogurt I buy. Fage is good too.
  • neen6270
    neen6270 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg whites with jimmy dean precooked turkey sausage crumbles. toast a Thomas English muffin for 100 calories to go with it. Filling, very low cal and quick to fix.

I fix my eggs with sausage in microwave while muffin toasts. Just cover bowl with eggs as they tend to "explode".
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Chobani w/ blueberries.

I ate a 1/2 cup of oatmeal this morning with blueberries and a little applesauce. That's the only way I can eat oatmeal.
  • theycallmewy
    theycallmewy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, coffee, fruits. :)
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I'm loving my muesli and dried fruit at the moment, obviously with milk as it would just be yuckkkky without. Mustn't forget the glass of water
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hearty porridge, with lots of mixed fresh fruit. Best way to start the day! I have a big bowl of porridge every morning, and sprinkle on some cinnamon!!! Mmmmm - Yummy!! x
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Ive never eaten breakfast. Ive drank it..in the form of Iced Coffees.

Now i have Fruit Smoothies.

So for Brecki im having 1 Banana, 1/2 Mango, 5-10 Large Strawberries, 100g Spinach and a Cup of either Pineapple, Guava and Grape or Apple juice.

Soooooo good. <3 my Blender.