Plus Size Exercise Clothes

Options
Hi everyone

Can anyone please tell me where I can get / order good quality plus size exercise clothes from? I am have just started training for a marathon, and want some comfortable quality, wick away clothes to exercise in. Cotton may breathe, but its not what I am after.

Its like manufacturers don't think that fat people exercise - we all have to start somewhere, and I just want some good stuff to do it in, like what is available for smaller people. :yawn:

Replies

• amkamke
    Options
    I completely understand your frustration! Believe me! Depending on what size you are... Kohl's actually has some cute workout clothes. Target has a nice selection, but they only go up to a 2X. It is hard to find cute workout clothes in plus sizes. Ummm helloooo fashion designers- we are trying to exercise so that we can lose weight!!! :-)
  • ckinse1288
    Options
    FYI I was at JCPenney's this weekend, they have a ton of cute stuff for all sizes, and most of it was clearanced out. I got a tank top for $1!!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    When I worked at Macys we had workout clothes in Women's World. They are the same style as the 2-14 sizes so you can get whatever cute style you want instead of just one option.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    oh yeh, and Old Navy!!!! They have stuff for really cheap there.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I got a Reebok shirt and pants made with wicking material at Lane Bryant a couple months ago. They're super comfortable. The pants were really long, though, so I had to hem them.

http://www.lanebryant.com/active/20230/index.cat
  • jenphelps80
    jenphelps80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has some the only bad thing is that you can only buy them online.
  • bspikes86
    bspikes86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    lane bryant or the avenue
  • rachelgoutos
    Options
    oh yeh, and Old Navy!!!! They have stuff for really cheap there.

I get all of mine from Old Navy. Their compression line, especially the pants, are really great. They also have really comfy shirts and active jackets, but i really love them for the exercise bottoms. If you have thighs that *may* rub together [*cough, cough* not that i do :ohwell: ], the compression pants are the best because they dont pill, thin out, or get holes the way that most cotton pants do when i exercise on a regular basis. i've had a pair for at least a year, and they look like new and the crotch area isnt worn out like cotton active pants i've had in the past. Plus, they are not that expensive and Old Navy is always having a sale and offer coupon codes (i think they have one right now). I always order a couple sizes when first buying something i havent purchased before and return whatever i dont want or doesnt fit, and shipping is free both ways if you live in the US.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Champion
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Target has some stuff that will work. I used their clothes when training for a marathon without a problem. Macy's has some stuff as previously mentioned. You can also find some stuff in the men's department if you are simply looking for comfort (which was always my goal when training). I find that wearing the men's stuff is not so flattering, but it makes buying new workout clothes as you lose weight more fun!
  • Colorful12
    Colorful12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There is an awesome store that sells all kinds of fitness wear for large women, even tennis skirts, golf attire, and really good, strong sports bras. The store is www.junonia.com.
  • wendycrist7
    Options
    Check out www.ladiesonlysports.com they have great bras for busty gals, the Enell 100, and an entire page of plus size sportswear!
  • janatleigh
    janatleigh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually end up ordering 2xl men's clothes to work out in (for pants). For tops, I usually wear old tshirts or old tank tops.
  • philch4v13
    philch4v13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Wally in the last few weeks I believe the biggest they have is a XXL but I love them and they where cheap :wink:
  • REI offers wicking/tech fabric clothes in plus sizes.
  • mwownbey
    Options
    bump
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    For compression pants I like Old Navy Active. For yoga capris I like Victoria's Secret which are surprisingly large. They run a size larger than the listed size, their XL = XXL, IME. I also used to wear Danskin capris and Just My Size T's from Walmart but they're cotton. I like C9 from Target wicking T's which come in XXL.

I normally wear an XL and Under Armor compression pants (heat and cold gear) fit in that size.

BTW, wicking running compression pants are great but just as great are wicking underwear. I like Under Armors wicking underpants but there are other brands.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    On a similar note - what do all you busty gals do for sports bras?

I'm a 38DD (ok so fun side story VS measured me in Dec and said "well, you're measuring on the larger side of DD, so if this bra is too tight you may need to get a DDD." My face literally did this: :noway: and I replied "if this bra is too tight I need to get a gym membership" 2 weeks later I started MFP :ohwell: ) Anyway, I'm a 38DD and I get XL sports bras, but I find that one still has me in "black eye" territory. I end up using 2 because it keeps the girls in place when I run. Anyone else experiencing this or have a better solution?

33157254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • QuietRain
    Options
    On a similar note - what do all you busty gals do for sports bras?

I'm a 38DD (ok so fun side story VS measured me in Dec and said "well, you're measuring on the larger side of DD, so if this bra is too tight you may need to get a DDD." My face literally did this: :noway: and I replied "if this bra is too tight I need to get a gym membership" 2 weeks later I started MFP :ohwell: ) Anyway, I'm a 38DD and I get XL sports bras, but I find that one still has me in "black eye" territory. I end up using 2 because it keeps the girls in place when I run. Anyone else experiencing this or have a better solution?

I just ordered a sports bra [46DD, here] from www.barenecessities.com. It's still in the middle of being shipped, so there's no feedback I can give on the actual bra yet but, they have a plethora of sizes.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Junonia.com