Low impact cardio for knees

Options
So yeah, I'm obese. It sucks, and I've accepted it. Three pregnancies in four years has not helped matters. And now my knees hurt all the time. Any suggestions for cardio that won't make them hurt worse? Can I be optimistic that when I lose the 70 pounds that I need to that my knees will feel better?

Replies

• tlheppler
    tlheppler Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Swimming if you have access to a pool. I don't, but wish I did.
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ya swimming is great or the ellliptical give it a try
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Walking to start out... Maybe cycling since you won't have the trauma from stepping...
    And upper body cardio like quick punches...
  • stinkinstone
    stinkinstone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started out walking. Now after dropping about 50 lbs my almost constant knee pain is gone. Hang in there, it will likely get better.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Elliptical is great, but you have to push yourself. Don't just do it on a low setting, you have to actually sweat!
    If you have access to a pool, swimming is one of the best exercises you can do for your body
  • hamilton040
    hamilton040 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling I had 3 under 3 now I have 4 kids and the excess weight has also put pressure on my knees, at the moment I'm doing stationary bike and find that my knees are coping well otherwise swimming is the best option. If u find something that works better let me know :) good luck