I can finally see it

Options
I didn't think I would write one of these until I was at my goal weight, but I guess I've realized the importance of the goals in between recently. On Friday I started C25K for the third time and skipped ahead to week 2. I've never been much of a runner, but I powered through it easily. As I switched into my cool down, I remembered the first time I had tried, over a year ago, and had huffed and puffed my way through day 1. Not anymore. I think that made me realize that even if I don't really see it, I do feel it. I'm stronger and healthier now than I was before and that alone is worth celebrating.

So tonight I did something I usually avoid. I looked at pictures of myself from the past few years, and I'm actually glad I did. I realized that I CAN see a difference. What a good reminder to keep going. :happy:

Around a year and a half ago, when I was at my heaviest and was avoiding scales.

8378264731_d3702a6c39.jpg

Yesterday.

8378266601_d0ffac7d98.jpg

Replies

• haylzz135
    Options
    Awesome job!! It definitely is a great idea to remind yourself of the progress you have made so far and that you are working TOWARDS your goal and will eventually get there!
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • sixpackdream
    sixpackdream Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job, you can definitely see it in your face. I love the "Whole Foods" in the background -lol.

I wasted my 20s and 30s being overweight and truly regret it. Don't go back there.
  • thatblueyedchic
    Options
    Thanks! lol Yeah the trick in my town would be getting a picture without one in the background. lol
  • suzyq8469
    Options
    Great job!! Congratulations....I am so happy you made this entry. These are what will keep me going until I hit my my first goal and success story. Thanks for the motivation
  • thatblueyedchic
    Options
    Aww thank you!
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    beautiful!!! way to go!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    fantastic progress
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You can totally see a difference! You look slimmer and younger and I love your current hair colour - it's beautiful!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!