52 pounds down, with pictures! (some in undies)

Options
13»

Replies

• kutechick
    kutechick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look great, sorry about the passing of your father. Keep up the awesome job!
  • sarahfashion861
    sarahfashion861 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! I cant wait to lose weight and have a success story :)!
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    you look great, congrats!
  • leahloves2run
    leahloves2run Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!

Here's a sum of why I started this process below! If you wish to skip, just scroll and look at my progress through pictures!

I've posted on here a few times, updating everyone on my progress bit by bit so I can hopefully inspire others or even get some tips along the way! I'm a mere 18 pounds away from my goal and I'm on cloud 9! I must say, being 148 pounds down from 200 (well, I would say more than that seeing as how I was 200 after a solid month of eating well) and went from a bulging size 14 (probably a size 15/16 in denial, especially since my 14's were disgustingly tight) to a size 9/10!
    Something clicked inside me in the later summer/early fall of 2011 where I decided that being obese for my 5'5" frame was enough. I have never been small in my entire life, and I'm known to tell myself I'm going to lose the weight and immediately lose track at the sight of a bag of chips or a small offering of McDonald's. If you read my profile already, the worst year of my life was 2011, when I lost the most important man in my life; my dad. After a long, cruel, painful battle with cancer, he lost his life to it and I knew from then on I had to make a change. There's nothing more eye opening that watching a man who took care of his body, ate well, exercised, built his own home gym, and then developed a tumor in his stomach that quickly spread.. then losing him. I miss him more than anything.
    From that moment, I dedicated my life to making him proud. The one thing I have to stop now is having the occasional cigarette, because, no offense to those who smoke, it makes no sense to do so and it's just... wrong.. especially after everything my dad went through.
    There are also vanity reasons as to why continuing to lose weight is easier. I thoroughly enjoy checking out my butt in all of my new jeans. I enjoy trying on clothes, I enjoy looking at all these marvelous perfumes that makes me feel even more confident. I enjoy dressing to the nine's when going out or even to the grocery store, because I'm no longer confined to sweat pants and a pony tail because I feel bad for myself. I enjoy going to the gym because I love it, I enjoy breaking a sweat because it makes me feel marvelous, I enjoy talking to people because I no longer worry if they're thinking about how my stomach is huge. I enjoy my life so much now, and I'm so happy to just keep living! The only thing I wish is that my dad was here to share in this experience with me, but I do have a large family and every single one of them is extremely supportive so I'm doing okay.

Pictures!!

Me (on the right) with my cousin Cindy, 200 pound fat face.
    Newfoundland046.jpg

Me with my sister (again, on the right) at 158 pounds with a smaller face!
    aprilandi.jpg

More of me at 200+ pounds.
    FEB2820111_zps898f1726.jpg
    FEB2820112_zpsf2c58b55.jpg
    200pounds.jpg

158 pounds!
    158.jpg
    1582.jpg

148 pounds, yesterday!
    148_zps2847a34d.jpg
  • jojodiaz03
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look great.. awsome job!
  • Gagirl0910
    Gagirl0910 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look great! You were beautiful before you lost weight as well, now you are stunning! Your post motivates me!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Your new nickname is Q-tip! that's funny u know.......
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Your story made me cry. You look awesome and I bet your father is so proud of you. :)
  • DesireeHermosillo
    DesireeHermosillo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job, and you are so brave to post those pics. Thanks for doing so, very encouraging. I'm sure your dad was proud of you before, and this would have just added a little extra gleam to his eye. :-)
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss, it's a great inspiration! I'm truly sorry about the loss of your dad, I lost my dad 7 months ago today, and while I miss him every day, losing him has also inspired me to start my weight loss journey. What you've done is amazing and I know you're making your dad proud every day.
  • DLSato
    DLSato Posts: 1
    Options
    Oh my, you have been through a lot, but have taken a positive turn, as opposed to a negative one. That is called "genius" in my book, and as long as you stay positive, you can do anything else that you want to. It's all about the brain power that we all have! Congratulations and because of you, I MAY post my tummy pictures also. It is not pretty, and lots of stretch marks from the kids, but how else will I remember?
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy that you are all so positive as well! I'm glad so many people took the time to look at my pictures and read my story. I'm very touched! Sorry to those who I've brought to tears, that wasn't my intention. Also to everyone who has lost someone they loved, too.. I'm sorry for your loss. It really is a horrible blow to your heart. :(
  • captaincody
    Options
    Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!